Can you rate these tires for me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just my personal opinion from experience at 20" i wouldnt think too much about driving mine for 5kmi with 245-75s on it

mine was at 17.75-18.25 when i got it with 255-70s and i drove it like that for almost 15kmi before i was able to get home to the shop and put the lift on it

with the pinch weld flattened and some cutting boards ontop of the rear springs and some conduit nuts in the front clevis 245-75s all terrains probably wouldnt rub much more than the fog light access doors unless you stuffed a tire with the wheel turned about halfway, then you risk snatching off a fender flare

after lift rear/before lift front - as if its not fairly obvious heh
You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What about Nitto Terra Grapplers? I'm on my second set of them on the KJ and on my LR3. Very refined on road and good in snow/ice. Good off road except for heavy mud.

kmJeepPA

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Have to make a move tomorrow. I was driving it in the rain tonight on the original Goodyear's and it was slippin' like crazy....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Those early Jeeps were an inch higher than the later models. That right there might let you bump up a size, especially if you plan on lifting it.

I'd wait for a more informed opinion than my own, though. ;)

3/4 inch higher
Before April 12, 2002 they were 19.75

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so here's some more info to fuel the conversation.
Build date August 2001 (very early, eh?)
Sag measures, from center of wheel to the very bottom of the rounded outside edge of fender.
LF - 19 1/4"
RF - 19 1/4"
LR - 20"
RR - 20 1/4"

So the key question for me is, what does this mean in terms of tire size options assuming I won't be able to afford to lift for a year or so. And, another key question, with only 29,000 miles on it, can I expect it to sag more with daily use? I do work from home but will put 5-7K on it this year. I would think a certain amount of sag should have already occurred due to the weight of the vehicle over 14 years.

Happy to hear your thoughts.

Peace out....

Sagged 1/2 inch
Yes they will continue to sag, only rated at 310 front, should of been more like 350 or so
Seen them roll in my garage with 78-79,000 miles and sagged 1.5 to 1.75 inches , not just one, several of them

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks folks. Have to make a move tomorrow. I was driving it in the rain tonight on the original Goodyear's and it was slippin' like crazy....

Original Goodyears were like that from 0 miles
very cheap throw away tires

kmJeepPA

Reaction score
No kidding, the spare looks great! My dad never rotated it in...

kmJeepPA

Reaction score
So given that my absolute max annual mileage would be 8-10 k a year ( and I am padding that number a tad),
It sounds like I could go 235/75, 245/70 or maybe even 245/75 and not rub, especially if I plan to lift in a year or so... cool. If anyone thinks otherwise please share your thoughts, going to purchase this afternoon and want to consider all the views I can beforehand.

Enjoy the day!!

PS: I appreciate everyone's input...

Thanks!

kmJeepPA

Reaction score
Though, According to The "which size tire will or will not rub" chart from the sticky at thr head of yhe section, 245/70 is my biggest option. That's the direction I am leanning...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that would work well. It'll even look fine once you're lifted.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So given that my absolute max annual mileage would be 8-10 k a year ( and I am padding that number a tad),
It sounds like I could go 235/75, 245/70 or maybe even 245/75 and not rub, especially if I plan to lift in a year or so... cool. If anyone thinks otherwise please share your thoughts, going to purchase this afternoon and want to consider all the views I can beforehand.

Enjoy the day!!

PS: I appreciate everyone's input...

Thanks!

245-70-16s yes
NO on the 245-75-16s need at least 2.5 inches of lift for them