Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Nokian Vatiiva MT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goodyear Wrangler MT/R

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Other - Please specify

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yokohama gets good ratings and I really like the look but they only make it in a 32" tire with a 16" rim. Not practical for everyone with a liberty.

The maxxis buckshot is a good M/T too. Pop had it on his work truck and they did pretty good.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I still like Ground Hawgs heck of a tire (if you can keep going straight) LOL

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You forgot all the kick a$$ Interco MT tires,the Interco Bogger is hands down the best DOT approved MT tire out there,looks cool to.

Out of the ones you listed the top 2 are the MT/R and the Toyo Open Country MT's.Just forget about the BFG's unless you like alot of flat tires.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm a Toyo fan for life. If their M/Ts are as good as their A/Ts which I had... they've gotta be a very good tire. :)

They would be the first place I'd go for some M/Ts.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yokohama gets good ratings and I really like the look but they only make it in a 32" tire with a 16" rim. Not practical for everyone with a liberty.

The maxxis buckshot is a good M/T too. Pop had it on his work truck and they did pretty good.

The yokohama's look good. The downside is they are directional tires. You can only rotate them front to back. And, which side do you buy for the spare? I was interested in the maxxis buckshot before but i didn't see them on their website and thought they were gone. oops there it is http://www.maxxis.com/products/automotive/product_detail.asp?id=5476 .

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You forgot all the kick a$$ Interco MT tires,the Interco Bogger is hands down the best DOT approved MT tire out there,looks cool to.

Out of the ones you listed the top 2 are the MT/R and the Toyo Open Country MT's.Just forget about the BFG's unless you like alot of flat tires.

You are right those tires are rated among the best MT tires (http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/SuperSwamperBogger.htm). I've read review on them and they seem unstoppable in the mud. However there are other MT tires that work very well in the mud but work a lot better onroad than those do ;). I'm also not sure if there's a dealer where i live that sells Interco. The TrXus MT looks good as well and has extra siping for winter. The mud rating is only avg. (http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/TrXus_MT.htm)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of that bunch, the MTR would be my favorite.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right those tires are rated among the best MT tires (http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/SuperSwamperBogger.htm). I've read review on them and they seem unstoppable in the mud. However there are other MT tires that work very well in the mud but work a lot better onroad than those do ;). I'm also not sure if there's a dealer where i live that sells Interco. The TrXus MT looks good as well and has extra siping for winter. The mud rating is only avg. (http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/TrXus_MT.htm)
I can tell you from my personnal experiance that the Trxus MT's are 10 times better in mud then all those tires you listed,I have ran about half of those you listed(in one form or another) in mud.The Trxus MT's will be the best bet for lots of mud and decent onroad manners compared to the others,plus they are good on ice and snow,better then most AT tires.

If you really want a good MT tire you must let go of any good onroad manners,it's either good in mud and crappy onroad,so-so in mud and so-so onroad,or crappy in the mud and good onroad(both the BFG's you listed fall into this one).

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Toyo AT's and I am going to get skids, lockers, and maybe a winch. After that I will be getting some good MT's and some new rims. I must agree that the TSL Bogger is by far the sweetest looking tire I have seen.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have cooper stt they are a very good tire on and off the road

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Toyo AT's and I am going to get skids, lockers, and maybe a winch. After that I will be getting some good MT's and some new rims. I must agree that the TSL Bogger is by far the sweetest looking tire I have seen.

Yes, it looks good if you are mostly only driving in mud but they don't even make a size that will fit on a liberty - closest is 31x12.50-16LT or 33x10.50-16LT.

En4cr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Cooper STTs on my F250 and I love them. The worked well in the clay at the deer lease last season after all of the rain. Will plan on getting those again when I get new tires if I get the 2005 CRD that I am going to look at today

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Nokians haven't been out very long and aren't in our size yet unless you go with the 235/85 last I looked. That said the ones I have been around I think worked much like the Nitto Mud Grapplers performancewise. This is not an opinion from a lot of running time however.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Nokians haven't been out very long and aren't in our size yet unless you go with the 235/85 last I looked. That said the ones I have been around I think worked much like the Nitto Mud Grapplers performancewise. This is not an opinion from a lot of running time however.

the nitto mud are to big for a kj without a 6in lift the smallest size are 285-75-16 there very good tires and the just look bad a and are made by toyo