Tire and Rim upgrade ?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Survivorman

Reaction score
Hello,

First thread here everybody! I have been a member for awhile and learned some good stuff but now I have a question. Could I put stock wrangler rims&tires on my libby ? I got a 03 Limited. I found a killer deal on craigslist with 5 brand new tires on them, I have chrome now but Its just not my taste. New tires would be 255/70/R18. I know some stock libbys have 17" rim so would that extra inch fit okay without any modifications ?

Thanks in advance,
Survivorman

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

First thread here everybody! I have been a member for awhile and learned some good stuff but now I have a question. Could I put stock wrangler rims&tires on my libby ? I got a 03 Limited. I found a killer deal on craigslist with 5 brand new tires on them, I have chrome now but Its just not my taste. New tires would be 255/70/R18. I know some stock libbys have 17" rim so would that extra inch fit okay without any modifications ?

Thanks in advance,
Survivorman

Unfortunately not. You would need wheel adapters as well as a lift to fit them. The new Wranglers (JK) have a different bolt pattern than the KJ. TJs have the same bolt pattern as the KJ and so do XJs, I believe. Those would be interchangeable. However, I believe most TJ rims were 8 inches wide, meaning you would still need a lift to fit it anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please!

Survivorman

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. You would need wheel adapters as well as a lift to fit them. The new Wranglers (JK) have a different bolt pattern than the KJ. TJs have the same bolt pattern as the KJ and so do XJs, I believe. Those would be interchangeable. However, I believe most TJ rims were 8 inches wide, meaning you would still need a lift to fit it anyway. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please!

Our bolt pattern is a 5x4.5" right ?

Survivorman

Reaction score
Actually just found this... So the unlimited's have the same bolt patter as us ?
Jeeps with 5 on 4.5" Bolt Pattern:
* 84-01 Cherokee (XJ)
* 86-92 Comanche (MJ)
* 93-98 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
* 02-06 Liberty (KJ)
* 97-06 Wrangler (TJ)
* 87-95 Wrangler (YJ)
* 04-06 Wrangler Unlimited (TJ/LJ)

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually just found this... So the unlimited's have the same bolt patter as us ?
Jeeps with 5 on 4.5" Bolt Pattern:
* 84-01 Cherokee (XJ)
* 86-92 Comanche (MJ)
* 93-98 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
* 02-06 Liberty (KJ)
* 97-06 Wrangler (TJ)
* 87-95 Wrangler (YJ)
* 04-06 Wrangler Unlimited (TJ/LJ)

Yes. Just LJs, not JKs. LJs and TJs came with the same wheel options.

You're probably looking at 07+ wheels right?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
2010 unlimited.. so it is the 5x4.5 bolt pattern with 255/70/R18 tires/rim size. So would that fit ?
No wheels from the JK are 5 on 5 bolt pattern
the 04-06 above that you are showing and says is Unlimited is just the " long 2 door version
The unlimiteds now are the 4 door
07-on up have the 5X5 pattern
Then the tires are 32 inches tall so even they are way too big unlifted

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No wheels from the JK are 5 on 5 bolt pattern
the 04-06 above that you are showing and says is Unlimited is just the " long 2 door version
The unlimiteds now are the 4 door
07-on up have the 5X5 pattern
Then the tires are 32 inches tall so even they are way too big unlifted

Sounds like an echo is in this thread...! :D

Latest posts

Members online