SOLD - Time Has come to part with my '05 CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (Common Rail Diesel)
104,546 Miles (drivetrain) - 166,453 Miles (body)
4wd - Remote Start – Leather - A/C - PW/PL – Diesel – Many New Parts – Navigation – Cd Changer – Steering wheel Radio Controls – Auto Dimming Mirrors – Cruise Control – Non Smoker – Many Extra parts included.

This Jeep runs and drives great. Tires still have plenty of tread on them as well. The original motor went at 151,515 miles, so I was able to get a doner vehicle of the same year just a Limited edition. I swapped the complete drivetrain over except for the rear axle. I also replaced the interior with the leather interior as well. The timing was done very recently and won’t need to be done for another 100k miles. I spared no expense when I replaced the motor in this Jeep a couple years ago. It does have a few flaws, and needs a little TLC. Rocker panels are shot, and there is rust around the high stop light in the rear. There is also a crack in the front bumper where a coyote was hit just before it was really not being driven anymore. The heated seats work when they want, I believe it’s the module but yet to trouble shoot it. The only other item that I wanted to work on before selling was the fact some lights and come on when you either accelerate to hard, or are turning and take off. Usually, the gas gauge drops to empty and you may get an oil light with it as well, but it disappears quickly. I believe it’s probably a short some place as it’s part of the FCM circuit. There is nothing wrong with the oil pressure or fuel levels. Just part of that circuit, so if one thing isn't working correctly it sends a couple alerts. The fuel gauge usually comes back up after a few minutes of driving. I also have many extra parts this comes with that were left over after the swap. I have an extra transmission, bunch of misc. interior parts, some engine parts, oil filters, and etc. I know I’m probably forgetting something, as this was a main vehicle for awhile for us, so I just made sure to do everything possible to keep it in the best possible condition. Winter is here and good used vehicles are hard to come by. I've listed some of the items below that were done. Mileages below are a reflection of when I did the swap, not the original body mileage. Oil change was just recently done as well. Not even 100 miles on it. If I can't sell it within a month I'll probably start parting it out. Figured I see if anyone here is interested before I do. Located above Albany, NY. Roughly 30 mins from there. Sorry this is long written but I want to explain everything I can possible that I remembered and wrote down. I do have a binder I started as well for it, along with some original CRD brochures that should still be with it. Listed locally for $4300, will do better for members here.

7/2021 98,123 miles – Front wheel bearing/hubs replaced.

7/2021 97,738 miles – Serpentine Belt Replaced
Thermostat Housing/gasket Replaced
Thermostat Replaced
Timing belt Idler pulley/bearing Replaced
Timing belt Replaced
Timing belt tensioner Replaced
Water pump gasket Replaced
Water pump Replaced

3/2021 95,122 miles – Added Lift Pump w/harness assembly
Added ProVent for crankcase oil separation
Both items from sasquatchparts.com

3/2021 94,585 miles - Oil pressure switch Replaced

6/2020 90,004 miles - Fuel filter Replaced

6/2020 89,628 miles - Four-wheel Alignment

5/2020 89,618 miles - Transmission pan Replaced
Transmission services new filters, and fluids
Front brake calipers Replaced
Front inner tie rods Replaced
Front outer tie rods Replaced
Transmission High pressure sensor Replaced

4/2020 89,612 miles - A/C recharged

4/2020 89,609 miles - Air filter Replaced
Outside mirror switch Replaced
Instrument Cluster Swapped from doner vehicle to reflect drivetrain mileage
Coolant flush and Replaced
Transmission Lines Replaced
Transmission cooler Replaced
Transmission replaced with new/used drivetrain implant
Axles Replaced
Battery Replaced
Compass added
Leather interior upgrade
Engine Replaced (vin of doner 1J8GL58595W648663)
Exhaust flex pipe Replaced
Floor mats Replaced/added
Hood Deflector added
Lower control arms Replaced
Lower radiator hose replaced
Mirror Replaced
Mud flaps added
Oil/Filter change
Power steering lines replaced
Power steering fluid flushed
Rack and Pinion replaced
Roof Rack Rails upgraded
Upper ball joints Replaced
Upper Control arms Replaced
Front/Rear Rotors Replaced
Front/Rear Pads Replaced
FCM Replaced
Factory remote start added
Complete drivetrain from doner vehicle was used, except for rear Axle. Interior is almost 100% from that vehicle as well. I swapped the cluster so the actual mileage from the drivetrain can be maintained properly. Also added a Navigation Stereo, with Cd Changer.
Attached a few pics so you can get an ideal of what it is.

Attachments

• 20221013_163654[1297].jpg
    20221013_163654[1297].jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20221013_163701[1298].jpg
    20221013_163701[1298].jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20221013_163726[1296].jpg
    20221013_163726[1296].jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20221013_163740[1294].jpg
    20221013_163740[1294].jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20221013_163756[1295].jpg
    20221013_163756[1295].jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 42

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a nice looking CRD, well looked after. I hope someone here who appreciates CRD’s will pick it up.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um... I don't think you can change the cluster like that legally. if someone pulls the mileage from the ECU it's going to show different, and that's a big red flag, especially if the title transfer isn't flagged as Not Actual Miles.

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
um... I don't think you can change the cluster like that legally. if someone pulls the mileage from the ECU it's going to show different, and that's a big red flag, especially if the title transfer isn't flagged as Not Actual Miles.
You can change it, as long as you disclose it as not actual miles. As I'm telling you I did. I have the original cluster yet as well.

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
From NYS website. Also note anything over 10 years old automatically gets exceeds mechanical limits on the title regardless what you fill the mileage out to be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116_070724_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116_070724_Chrome.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 5

J.C.

Reaction score
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (Common Rail Diesel)
104,546 Miles (drivetrain) - 166,453 Miles (body)
4wd - Remote Start – Leather - A/C - PW/PL – Diesel – Many New Parts – Navigation – Cd Changer – Steering wheel Radio Controls – Auto Dimming Mirrors – Cruise Control – Non Smoker – Many Extra parts included.

This Jeep runs and drives great. Tires still have plenty of tread on them as well. The original motor went at 151,515 miles, so I was able to get a doner vehicle of the same year just a Limited edition. I swapped the complete drivetrain over except for the rear axle. I also replaced the interior with the leather interior as well. The timing was done very recently and won’t need to be done for another 100k miles. I spared no expense when I replaced the motor in this Jeep a couple years ago. It does have a few flaws, and needs a little TLC. Rocker panels are shot, and there is rust around the high stop light in the rear. There is also a crack in the front bumper where a coyote was hit just before it was really not being driven anymore. The heated seats work when they want, I believe it’s the module but yet to trouble shoot it. The only other item that I wanted to work on before selling was the fact some lights and come on when you either accelerate to hard, or are turning and take off. Usually, the gas gauge drops to empty and you may get an oil light with it as well, but it disappears quickly. I believe it’s probably a short some place as it’s part of the FCM circuit. There is nothing wrong with the oil pressure or fuel levels. Just part of that circuit, so if one thing isn't working correctly it sends a couple alerts. The fuel gauge usually comes back up after a few minutes of driving. I also have many extra parts this comes with that were left over after the swap. I have an extra transmission, bunch of misc. interior parts, some engine parts, oil filters, and etc. I know I’m probably forgetting something, as this was a main vehicle for awhile for us, so I just made sure to do everything possible to keep it in the best possible condition. Winter is here and good used vehicles are hard to come by. I've listed some of the items below that were done. Mileages below are a reflection of when I did the swap, not the original body mileage. Oil change was just recently done as well. Not even 100 miles on it. If I can't sell it within a month I'll probably start parting it out. Figured I see if anyone here is interested before I do. Located above Albany, NY. Roughly 30 mins from there. Sorry this is long written but I want to explain everything I can possible that I remembered and wrote down. I do have a binder I started as well for it, along with some original CRD brochures that should still be with it. Listed locally for $4300, will do better for members here.

7/2021 98,123 miles – Front wheel bearing/hubs replaced.

7/2021 97,738 miles – Serpentine Belt Replaced
Thermostat Housing/gasket Replaced
Thermostat Replaced
Timing belt Idler pulley/bearing Replaced
Timing belt Replaced
Timing belt tensioner Replaced
Water pump gasket Replaced
Water pump Replaced

3/2021 95,122 miles – Added Lift Pump w/harness assembly
Added ProVent for crankcase oil separation
Both items from sasquatchparts.com

3/2021 94,585 miles - Oil pressure switch Replaced

6/2020 90,004 miles - Fuel filter Replaced

6/2020 89,628 miles - Four-wheel Alignment

5/2020 89,618 miles - Transmission pan Replaced
Transmission services new filters, and fluids
Front brake calipers Replaced
Front inner tie rods Replaced
Front outer tie rods Replaced
Transmission High pressure sensor Replaced

4/2020 89,612 miles - A/C recharged

4/2020 89,609 miles - Air filter Replaced
Outside mirror switch Replaced
Instrument Cluster Swapped from doner vehicle to reflect drivetrain mileage
Coolant flush and Replaced
Transmission Lines Replaced
Transmission cooler Replaced
Transmission replaced with new/used drivetrain implant
Axles Replaced
Battery Replaced
Compass added
Leather interior upgrade
Engine Replaced (vin of doner 1J8GL58595W648663)
Exhaust flex pipe Replaced
Floor mats Replaced/added
Hood Deflector added
Lower control arms Replaced
Lower radiator hose replaced
Mirror Replaced
Mud flaps added
Oil/Filter change
Power steering lines replaced
Power steering fluid flushed
Rack and Pinion replaced
Roof Rack Rails upgraded
Upper ball joints Replaced
Upper Control arms Replaced
Front/Rear Rotors Replaced
Front/Rear Pads Replaced
FCM Replaced
Factory remote start added
Complete drivetrain from doner vehicle was used, except for rear Axle. Interior is almost 100% from that vehicle as well. I swapped the cluster so the actual mileage from the drivetrain can be maintained properly. Also added a Navigation Stereo, with Cd Changer.
Attached a few pics so you can get an ideal of what it is.
Did you ever replace the engine accessory/serpentine belt?

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
Do you still have the driver's door card? Willing to ship?
I do still have the door cards, but the shipping is crazy high. I had another individual ask me to ship and it was almost $100 just to ship due to the size.

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
All has been sold off. Unfortunately it won't let me delete this post.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Joe. I changed the title to add the word "SOLD" and will now lock the thread so there will be no further responses.

That was a really nice Jeep and you took great car of it. I hope those who got parts appreciate them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.