Thule Roof Mount and Bag Products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with a Thule roof products, more specifically their mount system and bags? I was looking into buying a temporary roof storage when I go out camping or on trips where I will be carrying a lot of baggage. I was looking into this particular product,

Mount System - 450R Rapid Crossroad | RB53 Rapid Load Bars :
http://www.thuleracks.com/fg_choice..._roof_rack=1&factory_id=13284&option_number=2
Bag Product - 867 - TAHOE:
http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=86&sku=867

Any feedback is appreicated. Thanks all.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thule and yakima are both good stuff, I think you would be happy with those products.

i had a yakima setup on mine, works just fine.

FYI, orsracksdirect.com

rikguy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Thule mounts & crossbars. I have the canoe carrier and ski & snowboard carriers. I used a Cabela's brand bag this summer on vacation with no problems.

KJ Willy

Reaction score
I have/had the Thule Moab w/crossbars, beside it sitting so high it worked great.

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 174132705.jpg
    174132705.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 28

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have/had the Thule Moab w/crossbars, beside it sitting so high it worked great.

Here's a pic

Thanks for the picture. Have you mounted the Thule Moab without the basket? I ask this because I do not have a basket. I was planning to buy the crossbars for securing the bag on top of the roof directly.

Has anyone experience getting their roofs damaged because of putting a baggage directly on top without a bag?

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will scrap and scratch the paint, but its a roof. whatever is ontop gets hammered at highway speeds with wind. The problem with baskets is how high they end up sitting, doesnt look that great IMO, but I had to do it at one time.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thule racks are great, been using them for 18 years, got the attachments for the Liberty in 2003, have hauled canoes, kayaks, lumber. Think ahead for what you might carry in the future for how wide the cross bars might be.

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your feedback and the website to buy from, I purchased the crossbar and bag. Hopefully I will have time to post picture next week when i get it.