Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well fingers crossed lol hoping that it never comes to that but if it does lesson learned lol,, thankfully the only skyjacker part I used was the top bracket which was actually pretty well-built for the most part but we will see
BUT only if used with their junk / weak ( same as stock rating ) springs and shocks

At least make sure you install the Teraflex bumpstops since now the front shocks have less room to compress/ extend going down the road

Last edited:

Tonys

Reaction score
BUT only if used with their junk / weak ( same as stock rating ) springs and shocks

At least make sure you install the Teraflex bumpstops since now the front shocks have less room to compress/ extend going down the road
Unfortunately I don’t think those are available anymore at least that’s what I’m finding

Tonys

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t think those are available anymore at least that’s what I’m finding
I’ve got an extended set for 2 1/2 inch lift I think that I’m going to have to grind out the center portion however on the bottom to compensate for the grease cert On the control arm so I don’t bust it off

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teraflex 2” bumpstops are available. There’s a forum post here with the part number and phone number. You have to call them. Search for Teraflex here and you’ll find it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Duhhhh you have to call and order them
If you would have taken the time to read on here you would of read that
as well as not to use the 5100 shocks you did; nor used those skyjunker top plates since you now have reduced front travel by that amount .
Everything has been discussed and the best ways are on here many times

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve got an extended set for 2 1/2 inch lift I think that I’m going to have to grind out the center portion however on the bottom to compensate for the grease cert On the control arm so I don’t bust it off
Get teraflex the best
what did you use for the rear bumpstops

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Teraflex 2” bumpstops are available. There’s a forum post here with the part number and phone number. You have to call them. Search for Teraflex here and you’ll find it.
They do not read , or must not

Tonys

Reaction score
They do not read , or must not
I’m sorry man if I have upset you or pissed you off in some manner, I haven’t had a chance to read any of the previous stuff as I just found this forum about four days ago and I’m sorry before I post again I will make sure that I’m up to speed so not to upset you most of the things I have done I have done by trial and error because again I wasn’t aware of this forum now I am and I will make use of it I will try and read back and get caught up so that I’m not asking stupid questions thanks for your assistance

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s lots of good information in the forums. I signed up in January, and I’ve done plenty of things I’ve never done before.

You can get the build sheet for your Jeep here:

Service manuals here:

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry man if I have upset you or pissed you off in some manner, I haven’t had a chance to read any of the previous stuff as I just found this forum about four days ago and I’m sorry before I post again I will make sure that I’m up to speed so not to upset you most of the things I have done I have done by trial and error because again I wasn’t aware of this forum now I am and I will make use of it I will try and read back and get caught up so that I’m not asking stupid questions thanks for your assistance

I say read as much as you can, and ask questions when ya want. No one knows everything getting started. Plus reading new posts with new information helps keep info current, some old threads have old info, luckily with the front bumpstops as klc said can be called directly.

Tom knows some great stuff about kjs with how much he's worked on and built them. I soak up whatever info I can, and just brush off certain replies that come across negative ;)

Tonys

Reaction score
I say read as much as you can, and ask questions when ya want. No one knows everything getting started. Plus reading new posts with new information helps keep info current, some old threads have old info, luckily with the front bumpstops as klc said can be called directly.

Tom knows some great stuff about kjs with how much he's worked on and built them. I soak up whatever info I can, and just brush off certain replies that come across negative

Tom knows some great stuff about kjs with how much he's worked on and built them. I soak up whatever info I can, and just brush off certain replies that come across negative ;)
agreed Tom seems to be one of the leading authorities he just has a really gruff way of giving or helping with information and yesterday was not a good day for me lol being that it got almost 100° here with a 12 hour shift but all that being said if you want to help somebody help them you don’t have to downgrade them or in a roundabout way call them stupid in doing so I will definitely be going back through a lot of these threads unfortunately with 65 hour work weeks it’s tough to find time to do a lot of this stuff but I’m very happy to have found this information Netwerk, Tom again I’m sorry if I’ve upset you in someway I’m just a guy trying to make improvements to his jeep

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not upset at all
just hate seeing people wasting hard earned money on parts that do not work, or doing things that are counterproductive to what they are trying to achieve.
PLUS is anyone else reads this in the future , then I want the right info out there
Trust me , takes a whole lot more to upset me than this

Tonys

Reaction score
Not upset at all
just hate seeing people wasting hard earned money on parts that do not work, or doing things that are counterproductive to what they are trying to achieve.
PLUS is anyone else reads this in the future , then I want the right info out there
Trust me , takes a whole lot more to upset me than this
Well I definitely appreciate your knowledge, and I apologize I was having a really rough day as temperatures hit 100° here

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Added two hockey pucks I’m going to have to add one more I think
Unless your wheels are a bad offset you should not
I can stuff 265 70 16s on 8 inch wide, 5 inch backspaced wheels
But with wrong wheels you may need one or two more and then lose flex

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I definitely appreciate your knowledge, and I apologize I was having a really rough day as temperatures hit 100° here
Same around here , I work out side 10 to 11 hours a day at 95-100 degrees is no fun
plus being an old man and working in an office for last 25 plus years helps none at all LOL

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude dont apologize to this clown ,especially when hes talking to you like that,you a grown man, you've been nothing but respectful