Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Still probably going with old man emu but I seen this and wanted opinions.
Never heard or seen this kit ever before
Of course I've only been lifting these KJs/KKs since 2004 so,........
But Bilstein is good for sure so if they are using there shocks, and the rest of the fabricated parts are built well , maybe worth it
although I did not convert to American $$$$

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot like the old Adjust-a-strut lift kits from Jeepin By Al (JBA Offroad now) which also used Bilstein components. If built similarly, with good quality springs, this should have a great ride quality and you can dial in the height you want. You can also adjust the height later if adding a steel bumper or winch, bringing it back up to where you want.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
$6776.08 US, 21% tax included, it says.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what some of those pieces are that are shown
Plus if you have issues how that company stands behind there product
Just Bilstein shocks rest I am sure is their own making

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
www.4x4proyect.com is proud to present the first high performance suspension system that will not ruin your 4x4´s comfortable ride.

Someone needs to tell them that is false advertising
JBA was the first . NOT 4x4proyect
Plus the fact it is NOT a BILSTEIN lift, only using Bilstein shocks
But some companies will do and say anything for a buck to unsuspecting people that never fully check things out

archiacpenguin

Reaction score
Like I said probably still going old man emu but wanted opinions on this as I it showed some adjustability

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said probably still going old man emu but wanted opinions on this as I it showed some adjustability
Its nice to have the adjustability
But after over 320,000 miles in my 3 KJs , This has included a OME 927/948, then 790/948 , then the JBA adjustable set at 4.5 inches , 2.5 inches is a nice happy medium in which the 03 is sitting at with the JBA as well, 05 is at or was until someone bought my small lift on it LOL
Combine a OME 927/948 combo with proper shocks , set of 245 75 16s and you are pretty much good to go
Of course 4.10 gearing is the icing on the cake when you do that , nice but can get by

Tonys

Reaction score
Still probably going with old man emu but I seen this and wanted opinions.
I went with the old man emu 1.5 inch lift spray and the Bilstien adjustable Strut and I put one spacer between the clevis and the strut I got this done actually last weekend and the Lift and the Ride is phenomenal I got close to 3 1/2 inches

Tonys

Reaction score
I went with the old man emu 1.5 inch lift spray and the Bilstien adjustable Strut and I put one spacer between the clevis and the strut I got this done actually last weekend and the Lift and the Ride is phenomenal I got close to 3 1/2 inches
As well as I forgot to mention the JBA upper control arms which were amazing as well

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why did you use the adjustable when they can do nothing at all, just curious
Good you are using the JBA arms at that height, have you done first alignment yet ?

What do you measure from middle of front wheel ( hub area ) to bottom of flare on left side ?

Last edited:

Tonys

Reaction score
Why did you use the adjustable when they can do nothing at all, just curious
Good you are using the JBA arms at that height, have you done first alignment yet ?

What do you measure from middle of front wheel ( hub area ) to bottom of flare on left side ?
I went with the adjustable so that I would have the ability to change at a later date if I did not like the Amount of Lift, I put the clip in the second slot up from the bottom which really gave me quite a bit with the old man emu spring, and I’m not sure of the heights but I will measure it tomorrow as it’s 2:30 in the morning right now lol I just got off of work

Tonys

Reaction score
I went with the adjustable so that I would have the ability to change at a later date if I did not like the Amount of Lift, I put the clip in the second slot up from the bottom which really gave me quite a bit with the old man emu spring, and I’m not sure of the heights but I will measure it tomorrow as it’s 2:30 in the morning right now lol I just got off of work
And yes I had it alone Monday morning right after I finished the lift on Sunday so today is actually the second day I’ve been driving it and I love it a ride is amazing

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well there is one issue , can not use say OME springs and the adjustable shocks even set at 2nd level
You will destroy your springs since you are preloading them , may ride well now but......................................

posted this a while back when everyone was so excited about those shocks ,
Anyone thinking or wanting to use the Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks , think again
If you do want to use them, not sure why but,.....
You should not install them any more than sitting at the 0 mark, that is it
Any higher and it will create a disaster , degrading the springs within a few months
It preloads the springs which is very bad much like cheap spacer lifts do
These shocks should of never been built in the first place
4600s are cheaper , are the same internally , and are built for the KJs/KKs to keep the same spring perch at stock distances
Jeepinjarhead and I have discussed this and just today I seen a discussion suggesting someone use them
Please do not , unless you want to spend the extra money , set them at 0 just to say you have them

Tonys

Reaction score
Well there is one issue , can not use say OME springs and the adjustable shocks even set at 2nd level
You will destroy your springs since you are preloading them , may ride well now but......................................

posted this a while back when everyone was so excited about those shocks ,
Anyone thinking or wanting to use the Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks , think again
If you do want to use them, not sure why but,.....
You should not install them any more than sitting at the 0 mark, that is it
Any higher and it will create a disaster , degrading the springs within a few months
It preloads the springs which is very bad much like cheap spacer lifts do
These shocks should of never been built in the first place
4600s are cheaper , are the same internally , and are built for the KJs/KKs to keep the same spring perch at stock distances
Jeepinjarhead and I have discussed this and just today I seen a discussion suggesting someone use them
Please do not , unless you want to spend the extra money , set them at 0 just to say you have them
So I am at 21 1/2 inches from the center of the wheel hub to the outer portion of the fender, and yes you are probably right on the pre-loading factor however I used a different top mount one off of the skyjacker lift that was given to me prior so the upper mount cup instead of being extruded is inverted by about 2 inches so it’s actually not pre-loading the spring like it would normally with a standard mount at the top if that makes sense it creates Easily a 3 inch difference in the amount of spring play that you actually have I wish I could show you pictures but obviously it is on the vehicle

Attachments

• 2D1BF9E1-3B5B-4AEB-B624-31BBC9428CB3.jpeg
    2D1BF9E1-3B5B-4AEB-B624-31BBC9428CB3.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 16
  • B2A17348-F752-4720-963B-CDC231F283E5.jpeg
    B2A17348-F752-4720-963B-CDC231F283E5.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 16

Tonys

Reaction score
So I am at 21 1/2 inches from the center of the wheel hub to the outer portion of the fender, and yes you are probably right on the pre-loading factor however I used a different top mount one off of the skyjacker lift that was given to me prior so the upper mount cup instead of being extruded is inverted by about 2 inches so it’s actually not pre-loading the spring like it would normally with a standard mount at the top if that makes sense it creates Easily a 3 inch difference in the amount of spring play that you actually have I wish I could show you pictures but obviously it is on the vehicle
I think that possibly I have pictures of the old skyjacker kit that I had I’ll see if I can find them so that I can show you the top mount but it’s easily a 3 inch difference from the standard mount

Tonys

Reaction score
I think that possibly I have pictures of the old skyjacker kit that I had I’ll see if I can find them so that I can show you the top mount but it’s easily a 3 inch difference from the standard mount

Attachments

• BA702426-C505-43B6-B100-6BEDA6F7ADB8.jpeg
    BA702426-C505-43B6-B100-6BEDA6F7ADB8.jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 19

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Skyjunker parts, I know what they look like, have two old sets laying in the junk pile
OH well you know how it comes apart so when parts start failing
Plus 2.5 inches of lift, not 3.5 inches , stock is 19 inches , just to keep others in the future straight

Tonys

Reaction score
Skyjunker parts
OH well you know how it comes apart so when parts start failing
Plus 2.5 inches of lift, not 3.5 inches
Well fingers crossed lol hoping that it never comes to that but if it does lesson learned lol,, thankfully the only skyjacker part I used was the top bracket which was actually pretty well-built for the most part but we will see