Thoughts on tribotex additives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fri501pmkk

Reaction score
Reading some good info on this product...thinking of getting it and adding to engine and transmission....just curious if anyone uses it and if any pros or cons...

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I don't know the brand but I've never liked the fix-it-in-a-bottle bunch of products. Anything in a bottle that stops oil leaks softens the rubber in seals which makes them expand for awhile before they dissolve or tear exacerbating the problem.

I'm old as my knew-how so I have to admit there might be some wear inhibiting products that actually work but I haven't tried any. I use HEET (alcohol) in my gasoline burners to deal with tank condensation.

I do however, market a remarkable elixir good for whatever ails anybody; it too, comes in a bottle.

Fri501pmkk

Reaction score
I don't know the brand but I've never liked the fix-it-in-a-bottle bunch of products. Anything in a bottle that stops oil leaks softens the rubber in seals which makes them expand for awhile before they dissolve or tear exacerbating the problem.

I'm old as my knew-how so I have to admit there might be some wear inhibiting products that actually work but I haven't tried any. I use HEET (alcohol) in my gasoline burners to deal with tank condensation.

I do however, market a remarkable elixir good for whatever ails anybody; it too, comes in a bottle.

Bourbon...with a cigar

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Anymore you can almost read as many bad reports as good on any product
Supposedly can repair an engine to like new condition ,.....well we all know that can not happen
Most all vehicles today if folks would keep up on maintenance will last hundreds of thousands of miles
In my life I have bought about 10-11 brand new vehicles and ran them up into the 325-350,000 mile range before I got tired of them and sold them to waiting buyers
These have included Jeeps, Fords, etc , 6 poppers and 8s
But then I change oils, etc on a very regular schedule
So if you believe the hype and think it works go for it
If you believe in something enough it will work, in your mind , maybe even in your KJ
just like Doctors giving people sugar pills to treat a symptom

and no Bourbon here , "shine" is better and cheaper