They stole my jeep in Harrison Nj please share

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not his parts any more, as of the settlement the insurance company owns it. Maybe the adjuster will be a cool guy and turn a blind eye while he "retrieves" some of his previous stuff.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd just walk away and remember the good times with her, no looking back. Be just like breaking up with an old girlfriend, and you already have another one waiting at home for you anyways !:shrug::icon_lol:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not his parts any more, as of the settlement the insurance company owns it. Maybe the adjuster will be a cool guy and turn a blind eye while he "retrieves" some of his previous stuff.

Right but he CAN buy it back from the insurance company for probably less than the parts are worth. I certainly would. Pull the wheels, tires, lift, UCAs, etc...

Sell them, then scrap the rest.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree in regards to not buying it back. They won't just sell you certain parts off it. Honestly just ask for what you want. There's a decent chance the adjuster will just let you take it. Worst thing he can do is say no. I've had vehicles totaled and adjusters allowed me to get stereo equipment and other stuff before.
They are usually pretty understanding and know the vehicle is being crushed or sold to two lots to become a pick -a-part car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've stripped....eh I mean parted out a couple vehicles, the most recent my rotted out Wrangler. A buy back and part out is a good option as long as you have the time and space to do it. I made at least triple in parts compared to what the POS Jeep was worth whole. The buy back price can be negotiated with the insurance company too. If you don't go that route, they then will sell it on an online insurance auction (Copart is one).

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just paid almost 4,000 alone September of last year for a new a new engine as well as rebuilt the transmission and serviced the front and rear diffs, the transfer case, and both driveshafts. New engine and trans mounts went in at the same time. On top of that... I have a set of ALS arms, boulder bars, intake, headers, magnaflow exhaust with high flow cats, my bumper bully, my hella lights... i installed freedom edition interior as well as renegade fender flares and also just installed a fresh set of the old style mtrs on soft 8s... I almost have to buy her back :).

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow I just tuned in again. That is how do I say it...found F'd Up!
Probably some teen loosers that wanted a tough rig for play time.
Sorry Joe you had to see it like that.
Well fill us in what happens & how much they will pay out or for less as a parts/ buy back.
I wonder if the cops fingerprinted it and know who is responsible, that would be good to know..wouldn't it... :shooter:

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it's definitely no bueno... I'm waiting to hear from the adjustor so that I can go meet with him and the jeep to discuss what will happen next..

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just paid almost 4,000 alone September of last year for a new a new engine as well as rebuilt the transmission and serviced the front and rear diffs, the transfer case, and both driveshafts. New engine and trans mounts went in at the same time. On top of that... I have a set of ALS arms, boulder bars, intake, headers, magnaflow exhaust with high flow cats, my bumper bully, my hella lights... i installed freedom edition interior as well as renegade fender flares and also just installed a fresh set of the old style mtrs on soft 8s... I almost have to buy her back :).

No almosts about it. Considering the insurance company will be basing the buyback amount on a fraction of book value, you'd be getting all your extras back literally for peanuts.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do buy it back. I'm sure people on here would go nuts for parts. Like the ALS arms I would buy!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
^ I see I am not alone..
I wouldn't mind circling the Jeep from above & below & all around..
50288[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I am sure I could find something to pick-a part..... :icon_lol: :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Vulture.gif
    Vulture.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 0

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooooo... My insurance company is going to let me tow her to the location of my choice to take my parts off... Then I have to give her back with all the stock parts... Sad day for sure but at least I'll have full closure... I put all the parts on with my bare hands and I'm gonna get to take em off the same way :) and :( once again:.. This is tough.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm already thinking intake, headers, full magnaflow w/ high flow cats, front upper control arms, rock rails, lift, rims and tires, hella lights, LED tails (just bulbs) and third brake light, tow hitch, if I can find the stock interior I'll try to take the freedom edition seats, I might take the headliner and swap it with the one in my new truck because it is dyed black, also if any of my old door panels look any better than the new ones.. Those are getting swapped. The rear driver side window motor needs changing in the new jeep so maybe I'll see if that's in there too... This *****...

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of all the fraud in NY and NJ... They will not permit me to purchase my vehicle back...

Latest posts

Members online