They stole my jeep in Harrison Nj please share

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know its tough having one stolen but maybe this will help others to know that everything is not covered. It doesn't cost much at all to have rental car added nor does it cost that much to have everything covered that you have done to yours with all of the aftermarket parts.
Getting the right insurance and having documentation goes a long ways.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be declared or stated value coverage, and a number of insurance companies require a professional appraisal for you to insure it above book value. I have an old Camaro insured that way, and paying for an appraisal to cover yourself is well worth it. My ins. company accepted an appraisal from an online company, and it only cost about $75.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have full coverage... But because there's an investigation... I have to pay for the rental out of pocket and will be reimbursed when the investigation is completed... Could be 30-90 days :-/ its total BS! They are going to consider all the work I had done in the last 12 months provided i have receipts.. Everything else gets put on an itemized list that needs to be notarized...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That may take a while for settlement or maybe it still could be found.
Here they have 30 days to find it or pay out I believe.
I dont understand why they immediately would not cover the rental though.
Isn't that why you pay insurance?
I just spent 30 minutes on NY Craigs looking for black Kj, not too many. A few dark blue ones were ok around 2004-05 for around 5K. Low miles under 100 are more.\
Do you want to replace it with another KJ....I know I would..best jeeps for the money.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found one i want to get for 3 grand... but can't get financing for an 02... And I can't get a personal loan right now... So I'm trying my hardest to figure out a way to get it until the insurance catches up...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad 2 hear u may have found another KJ! :happy107:
Got any friends with some extra$ that may be willing to help out with an IOU until u get insurance $$ back...?

I've done that before for friends that need wheels ASAP !:gr_grin:

Then you could drive.gif in style again!

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have found a decent replacement and the help to acquire her... I hope to know by the end of the day!!

You must be registered for see images

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck, Joe. I hope if it's the right deal for you that it will work out. :cheers:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're still in need of more money, I hear selling car parts can be a pretty lucrative pastime! :happy175:

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And so it began today... Installed new rotors, new rack and pinion bushings, new stabilizer bar bushings and end links, checked the rear brakes, and got an alignment...
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I know the reason for it stinks, but I'd guess it must be at least a little exciting to get to start all over. Think of the fun ahead of you building it up! :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal man! So now your stolen one should show up tomorrow, all intact. :gr_grin:

Then he will have 2 jeeps....and be really really jeep-poor.....

Dave