The Patriot has arrived! (PICS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went down to the local dealer tonight and they have a Patriot in the showroom....

You must be registered for see images

I'm still not a HUGE fan, but it is a MUCH better looking FWD Jeep than the Compass. The Compass looks nothing like a Jeep to me, more like a Caliber with a plastic Jeep nose on it (funny, cause that's exactly what it is). The Patriot actually looks somewhat like a Jeep, but it's still FWD and a 4 ****** which are CONS to me.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I visited my dealer last weekend while getting the wife's Compass serviced and saw a couple of them on the lot.
I like them. I'm thinking they look more like the Cherokee than anything else.
The inside looks cheap though....like the Compass and most other new DC products.
Does anybody know what kind of different models there will be? Like will there be a Limited, or Sport or whatever?
I guess I could visit the Jeep.com site and check for myself. #-o

Paul
________
aromed vaporizers

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it a lot, I am looking forward to seeing it on my dealer,

PS: you can check jeep website for the dealer inventory for the ones that are in your area and go check it out.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Never mind the Jeep, NICE DEALERSHIP! (dropmouth)

Looks more like a hotel lobby...

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sat in one at my dealers. felt very roomy more so than the libby like down near the pedals. i really liked that about it. my 6'6" friend who wants to buy one says its more comfy than his explorer and hes got plenty of room for his head and legs especially around the steering wheel. i like it.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
I think it looks great!!!!! But isn't it a 4 cylinder? (yucky) No thanks.

yep, it is light so that should be enough, remember it's still 170hp!

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i stopped by the jeep dealer that i used to work for, and saw that they had about 5 patriots or so. They look alright in my opinion, wish they had an option for a better motor however.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never saw a Jeep Dealership that looked that good.

I think the Patriot looks good, but I just did some research on the drivetrain and it's not for me.

Anyway, where's Bennett, we should have a Patriot/Compass section with the "other Jeeps"......ok don't throw stuff at me. They are Jeeps, and people will buy them for daily drivers, etc. Also, the Partiot has a trail rated option.

Also, we shouldn't discriminate against diffent Jeep models.

Dave

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
patriot = baby cherokee?

haha they shouldve made the offroad one lifted 6 more inches with bigger tires and at least slap a 6 in there. skids, tow package, lockers, tow hooks all the fun stuff. hell if they did that who would buy a liberty?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fasto82 said:
patriot = baby cherokee?

haha they shouldve made the offroad one lifted 6 more inches with bigger tires and at least slap a 6 in there. skids, tow package, lockers, tow hooks all the fun stuff. hell if they did that who would buy a liberty?

KK = baby cherokee.... 2008

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks nice and not that smaller next to his KJ.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

Looks can be deceiving.

LIBERTY and PATRIOT INTERIOR ROOM

LIBERTY and PATRIOT EXTERIOR ROOM

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yes, definitely. The Patriot is MUCH smaller than the Liberty. So much smaller, that I don't understand why everybody at the auto show thinks it's going to replace the Liberty? I call BS on some of those measurements as I have sat in the Patriot... in every seat, and it is definitely less roomier.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Yes, definitely. The Patriot is MUCH smaller than the Liberty. So much smaller, that I don't understand why everybody at the auto show thinks it's going to replace the Liberty? I call BS on some of those measurements as I have sat in the Patriot... in every seat, and it is definitely less roomier.

i agree it is much smaller, i stood next to one yesterday and i could see over the top of it, im about 6'2" or so. I know i can't do that with my liberty.

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

It was actually a lot smaller then my KJ... the pictures are deceptive, that is my fault though.

One thing I noticed though, was that I seemed to have a bit more leg room in the back sweat behind the driver... I'm 6'4" or so, and was not uncomfortable at all... plus the back seat reclined.

Latest posts

Members online