The Front Seats are Killing Me...!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowbunny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It must be each owns preference... it doesnt bother me a bit... In fact I love.... but I also Have automatic seats and i can adjust any way high or low...tilted up or down close or far back.... Doesnt bother me but to each his own..... (whistle)

T^2

Reaction score
Well I picked up my CRD Limited on Saturday.

So far I like most everything about the vehicle. However, the seats are still an issue with me. I was hoping that they wouldn't be. I thought that once I got the vehicle I would be able to adjust the seats until I found a setting that would work. I've been fiddling with the seats since I picked the vehicle up. No matter how I adjust the seats, they still seem to make my legs go numb.

I can see how it might not be a problem if I were taller or shorter, but I'm 5'7" to 5'8" and my legs/thighs seem to be just the right length for the edge of the seats to cut off circulation (the edge of the seat cuts across my legs right at the bottom of my thigh muscle). It doesn't help that the seats sit up so high. If the seats could be lowered more then I think that would take off some of the pressure under my thighs. Hopefully the seats break in or I just get used to it.

The only other issue that has crept up is the back seat legroom. I let a buddy of mine drive today while I rode in the back seat (another friend was in the passenger seat). For some reason I remembered more legroom in the back seats when I was checking the vehicle out at the dealer. I also noted that the bumps in the floor where the seats mount take up a bit of space, leaving little left over for your feet. This makes me wonder how comfortable the back seats would be for a road trip.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished 2500 miles in the 05 CRD. I am 6'2", and the boss is 5'8". I was quite comfortable, but I did hear some discontent from the other side. Strangely, her head brushed the roof panel, and mine did not - must be our height is in different body parts.

1quick1

Reaction score
I have a sport and I'm not impressed with the seats. It always feels like I'm lunging forward when I hit the brakes and I have no way to adjust them.

tomjonesrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T^2 said:
It doesn't help that the seats sit up so high. If the seats could be lowered more then I think that would take off some of the pressure under my thighs.

This is my issue. I just took my first substantial road trip in my '02 and I think the seats just sit way to high, even if I put them as low as I can go with the electric controls. If anyone has a mod to lower the seats I would LOVE to hear it!

misterzero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got no complaints with my '05 Sport's seats. Maybe it's the youth factor kicking in, but they're fine to me. hump.gif

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tomjonesrocks said:
T^2 said:
It doesn't help that the seats sit up so high. If the seats could be lowered more then I think that would take off some of the pressure under my thighs.

This is my issue. I just took my first substantial road trip in my '02 and I think the seats just sit way to high, even if I put them as low as I can go with the electric controls. If anyone has a mod to lower the seats I would LOVE to hear it!

Funny. The seats being higher off the floor was the principle reason I bought the KJ. The seat seems to support my thigh enough that the weight of my leg isn't always pressing on the accelerator. On most vehicles, I am always contracting my leg muscles just to keep from flooring the accelerator, which gets tiring real soon.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
2005 Renny

I just bought a 2005 Renegade last Saturday, and went on 500 mile trip that day. I actually love that the seats are higher. I remember the salesman saying that the '05's have bigger seats and more foot room. There seems that the seats are a bit bigger, and more foot room than the 2004 i rented last summer.

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my '06 sport for 4 mos and about 6K miles. I have to say that I really dislike the seats. Too thin and uncomfortable. No lumbar support. Generally cheap and again uncomfortable.

Thinking about adding some cheap seat covers and sticking some kind of lumbar support under them. Hey, I'm 45 and a little creaky in the bones. These seats may be ok for someone in their 20's but I have to grade them an "F".

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have wet-okole seat covers. So I have an extra layer of padding. Helps alot but Ive never had any problems with the seats.. Even before the covers. \:D/

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to sound like an *****, but are all the folks having circulation problems heavy set? I'm 6'0 and been on a few long trips with out a single leg or **** cramp, it's hard to when you can set the cruise and move your legs as needed.
There are places that can do custom seat padding

Tork

Reaction score
Also, if you have your wallet in your back pocket, it helps to set it in the console or elsewhere. Especially on a long trip.

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5'10 and 190 lbs. Not svelt by any means, but I just think the seats are poorly designed and constructed. My 2005 Titan was very comfortable and I think I got a little spoiled. The Sport seats need better materials and more padding.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am 5`7 and dont have any problems. 2 weeks ago I left Toledo ran over to D.C. picked up the wife and straight back home 15 hours of seat time and was ready to go another round. I do admit I wish there was more leg room but overall its about the best I have had for a while.

tom

Newzpix

Reaction score
The leather front seats in my 2006 Limited are awful. The sides of my hips/legs press against the metal frame inside the seat. I can't get comfortable.

Worst vehicle seats I've ever encountered :-(

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm 5'11", 235 lbs., and 50 years old and crockety. I don't have any problems with the '02 leather seats. But I got used to sitting on about the worst you can get - an 8100 series International truck air seat 3000 miles a week for 5 years. criss-crossed my legs with the cruise on more times than I care to remember.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the leather seats in my 04 rene are great. Comfy then the leather seats in my moms 02 intrepid R/T