Taking off Letters and Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carterdea

Reaction score
hello,

I would like to take off the letters in the back of my Jeep. Specifically the "Jeep" logo, the "3.7 L" and the "Renegade". How should I do this?

Also, I don't really like the fog lights, is there an easy way to take them off?

thanks

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
carterdea said:
hello,

I would like to take off the letters in the back of my Jeep. Specifically the "Jeep" logo, the "3.7 L" and the "Renegade". How should I do this?

Also, I don't really like the fog lights, is there an easy way to take them off?

thanks
Heat them up with a hair dryer, they might peel off or you may have to use some string.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I removed the dealer badge, it left a bit of a residue, I got a sticker remover and just wiped it off, so even if something is left behind don't worry about it. Especially if you have pre 05, they are very easy to remove since they are the cheapest of decals there can be.
Let us know and post some pix once you remove them,

on pre 05, For the fog lights, turn the wheels all the way to the left and work on the right, there is a housing cover on the inside, I am not sure about the wires etc. Why do you want to remove the fog lights?

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My entire Jeep is badgeless. Use a blowdryer to heat them up. Then use thread or fishing line to peel them away. Use goo-gone to get rid of the residual crap.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
You dont like the foglights so you want to take them off? :-s

What did I miss? :-k
I'd think that the hole left by the foglights (if you have an '02-'04) would be more of an eyesore than the lights themselves.

carterdea

Reaction score
Wow, thanks, but It is an '05

does the badgeless jeep look good?

I am just wondering about the fog lights, I think they look kinda tacky. Maybe could I buy some smaller ones?

I'd like to do that if its an option.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the holes for the stock foglights be behind the Renegades foglights? If so, just remove them, I recall them mounting to the bumper beneath the grille, and preserve the wiring. Then put a set of the smaller stock lights in those holes that all other Libertys use and wire them up. Now supposing that is not the case, and they really do make a separate grille JUST for the Renegade, then just buy the new grille, too :) All told you are looking at around 200 bucks for the new fogs and new grille.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used my trim tool, aka my plastic putty knife. Came off so quick I didn't have to worry about it.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the foglights, the grill is different, so is the hood....but on the grill, they don't put the holes on it...here's a pic where you can see that.

You must be registered for see images

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ehh, may be better for him that way. Sounds like he did not want the fogs, at all. In which case he can just remove the renegade lights and not have ugly holes behind them. If he does want fogs, it's just a new set from the Sport/Limited and a new grille.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he does want fogs, it's just a new set from the Sport/Limited and a new grille.
And a hood from a sport/limited...if the its even possible at all. Read thcause17's post and look at the picture carefully. The grille is a completely different shape on 05 and 06 renegades than it is on other KJs.

If he wants something smaller, Marlon_JBT has a post somewhere around here where he put smaller driving lights in the air dam. With a little bit of splicing, it would probably even work with the existing wire harness.

carterdea

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems like too much work. I just think they are really rugged looking, I like them, however, I like those tiny little lights on my friend's '06 limited better.

Also, I can't find any piture's without the letters on google. Does anyone have some?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the Renegade fog lights are Hella lights? Oh well if I am mistaken. Putting smaller ones on may not look good if placed in the same location where the stock lights are.