Suspenssion upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the clevis its just a spacer, but make sure the ID is 3" and I dont know why the 4140 wouldnt work bc you will have to torque down the clevis bolt so really the clevis spacer is just there so you get both sides evenly spaced. There are some people who just moved the clevis and torqued it backdown w/o a spacer there

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allright then ill make'em tonight, .25 thick and I need 2 of them right?

Is it too much trouble to put the clevis rings in there? Or where do the spacer goes exactly ?Does anybody has pics of it?

I have a friend that has a shop and he put my struts last time so he's the one doing the work for me I helped him last time,so I kind of wanna have a visual of it.

Last edited:

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished 4 rings 4.31 OD 3.0 ID. X 0.25 long for the clevis.

I just need 2 but made 4 just in case or if somebody needs them.

They are made of 4140 and are +/- .003 .it took me about a minute per ring :) I run an Okuma cnc lathe so it was a piece of cake, now I just need to figure out how and where do they go.....a pic would really help

Last edited:

JMSMN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a spacer for the front in the frankenlift and if there is what kind of spacer and how thick is it.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a 2 ring clevis lift.

Thankx for the pic man.

Is the ID 3.0, I can't tell the size in the pic cuz mine look too big compare to the ones in the pic

JMSMN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the clevis lift, what the spring is resting on, on the bottom lip of the strut.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the clevis lift, what the spring is resting on, on the bottom lip of the strut.

Oo I see now, and that is gonna give u double the lift right? So to put that spacer on u really don't have to loosen up the clevis bolt, I hope

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm gonna take some pics tonight and try to post them cuz there's something I still don't understand.

Remember I had made some spacers, ok so I got the front struts yesterday and I was just trying to see how everything is gonna go (execpt the OME coil springs) and I notice that on the lip of the strut has a like a dent , so if the spacers go where I'm thinking they are gonna go, then they won't be totally flat with the lip.

So should I cut a piece of the spacers to avoid that dent or am I doing something wrong?

Ill post pics tonight cuz I don't now if I'm explaining my self.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
plus it takes two inch not three inch ID not sure where you got the three inch

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so it has to go on top or under that lip with the dent???if it goes on top i guess i can cut that section to fit flat.but i got the feeling it goes under the lip:eek:
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

and also idk if ur able to see that hole on the lip....am i gonna be using that? cuz if i do ill have to drill a hole on the spacers
[/IMG]

thankx guys

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did see the picture of 501 now didn't you?

So what goes where....the clevis spacer goes on the bottom of the shock so UNDER that plate. The spring isolator goes on top and already has a notch in it that fits exactly on the lip of your shock.

Here ya go:

Furthermore: You can do a max clevis lift of 3/8" or 3 conduit nuts...you see in this pic that 501 has only 2 conduit nuts fitted and there is already no part of the shock sticking out of the bottom of the clevis bracket...

Thankx Tony ill make some others today with the size of the strut for the ID but does anybody knows what size OD , ill make several diferent thou

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
outside diameter is whatever only needs to be maybe 1/4 inch bigger at most

1/4 bigger ....that's about the size of the clevis right.

I just made some ill take pics when I get to the house and post them

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok si i made 3 different sizes, i hope yall can tell me which ones would be best to use ( i made 2 of each of course:p)

allright so there they are..:D