Suspenssion upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yup, I'm ready to upgrade my suspenssion and while i'm at it i wanna lift it too.
I'm thinking to get the Als upper A-arms for lifted kj's and the Moog lower ball joints, but since i got 136K on the liberty i wanna upgrade the spring coils too, and lifted, so i need help on which ones or what combination of coil springs and shocks and struts and lift kit.

Thankx ppl, keep in mind that im a newbie into this.

Thankx in advance guys:)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So yup, I'm ready to upgrade my suspenssion and while i'm at it i wanna lift it too.
I'm thinking to get the Als upper A-arms for lifted kj's and the Moog lower ball joints, but since i got 136K on the liberty i wanna upgrade the spring coils too, and lifted, so i need help on which ones or what combination of coil springs and shocks and struts and lift kit.

Thankx ppl, keep in mind that im a newbie into this.

Thankx in advance guys:)

Old Man Emu stand alone or OME in one of it many incarnation ions!
Spend the money now and forever be happy!:)

Next month for me a Frankenlift til death do me part!:D

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just do an OME HD coils and Rancho shocks all around and then add a rear iso or two and a front clevis and strut plate with new bumpstops and you'll be just as high as the Frankenlift and save a couple hundred. check out AllJs they have just about everything you will need to do your lift.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just do an OME HD coils and Rancho shocks all around and then add a rear iso or two and a front clevis and strut plate with new bumpstops and you'll be just as high as the Frankenlift and save a couple hundred. check out AllJs they have just about everything you will need to do your lift.

I hear a lot about the frankenlift, but, what does it actually consist of? and how high does it take the libby?

Also i cant find a price for the frankenlift or why is so popular.

Hey jsc7002 if u can like.....name the parts from the top of ur head ill appreciate a list man cuz like i said im a newbie to all this.

Thankx man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OME 927 HD's, Daystar top plate, Rancho RSX 17505's & two ring clevis for the front and OME 948 HD's, Rancho RSX 17004's and an extra ISO pad for the rear. Got around 3" of lift for around $600.

But you do have to compress the front coils yourself or pay to have some one do them for you if you go OME. The Frankenlift comes with the front assembled for you.

Last edited:

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys how does this sounds......OME HD front and rear coils, rancho shocks all around and

2.5" Lift Kit - Front & Rear Spacers, Sway Bar Bushings, Bump Stops, Upper Strut Plate & Boots from Daystar

what do yall think??? how high would that be??

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OME 927 HD's, Daystar top plate, Rancho RSX 17505's & two ring clevis for the front and OME 948 HD's, Rancho RSX 17004's and an extra ISO pad for the rear. Got around 3" of lift for around $600.

But you do have to compress the front coils yourself or pay to have some one do them for you if you go OME. The Frankenlift comes with the front assembled for you.

hey thats kind of what i said on the post b4 isnt?:)

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what????:eek:
the arms with the ball joints and the OME and the rancho and the 2.5" daystar is gonna take me 6"???

pretty darn close, if you do OME HD coils (front 927 and rear 948) and get some Rancho RSX17004 for the rear and RSX17505 for the front you should be around 2.5" and then 1 rear iso will add .5" to the rear and then add three 2" conduit nuts to the bottom of the strut and it will raise it and you will be sitting about 3" all around.

For the OME HD coils you can get them from AllJs or I bought mine from www.DPGoff-road.com his name is Dirk and he is a real good guy and will get you all set up, I paid $72 per coil from him and AllJs has the coils also and they have the Ranchos. PM me if you need any help I also have the pn for the rear iso from the dealership or you can go puill one from a KJ at the local salvage yard.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty darn close, if you do OME HD coils (front 927 and rear 948) and get some Rancho RSX17004 for the rear and RSX17505 for the front you should be around 2.5" and then 1 rear iso will add .5" to the rear and then add three 2" conduit nuts to the bottom of the strut and it will raise it and you will be sitting about 3" all around.

For the OME HD coils you can get them from AllJs or I bought mine from www.DPGoff-road.com his name is Dirk and he is a real good guy and will get you all set up, I paid $72 per coil from him and AllJs has the coils also and they have the Ranchos. PM me if you need any help I also have the pn for the rear iso from the dealership or you can go puill one from a KJ at the local salvage yard.

so the OME HD with the ranchos plus the daystar 2.5", (including the arms) will raise it that high? I mean is it possible? if i do that, am i gonna need something else like longer brake lines?

it sounds pretty good

Last edited:

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the OME HD with the ranchos plus the daystar 2.5", (including the arms) will raise it that high? I mean is it possible? if i do that, am i gonna need something else like longer brake lines?

it sounds pretty good

WAY TOO high, you would be looking at around 6" of lift and its just not doable or safe. if you do the regular OME lift you dont need new brake lines.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liberty 84, please read this first, then ask questions.

You will then at least have an idea about lifting a libby. The A-arms do nothing to lift it.

A good 6" lift is around $4500 with cut CV axles and all.

If you wanna go save and cheap get the Daystar 2.5" kit .

I don't want 6", the reason why I want coil springs and the arms is because I need them I have 13XK and I've only change the front struts. I'm gonna go with the regular OME lift and get 2.5" to 3" that way I can replace what I want and have a lift....sweet!!!

Thankx guys

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ok guys how does this sounds......OME HD front and rear coils, rancho shocks all around and

2.5" Lift Kit - Front & Rear Spacers, Sway Bar Bushings, Bump Stops, Upper Strut Plate & Boots from Daystar

what do yall think??? how high would that be??

high enough to cause you all kinds of problems, step back away from that thought;)

never mind.....i
I see you are going the right way now

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We listen when we are at your services Rev! :D

some do , some don't and they will complain later,:eek: although some will sin their whole life,:mad: but when we 4 wheel up to those pearly gates we will all rejoice together:cool:

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so next week I'm ordering my stuff from jeepinbyal so far I got a list with the following items:

A-arms 4.5 Gen.

OME927

OME948

Rancho RSX17505

Its seems that ill have to get the rancho rsx 17004 from somewhere else.

Also for the rear iso they are like $24 dollars

Now the front rings for the clevis I saw ones that are 1/4 thick x 3 ID x 4.31 OD how many of those will be needed??? I could make those out of 4140 in like 2 minutes out work (I'm a machinist)but will 4140 work for that?

If I'm missing something like bumpstops or anything I'm gonna need please let me know and where I can get it please.

thankx ppl

Last edited: