Suspension installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, I enjoy the heck out of installing lifts on KJs
so darn easy to do, well compared to some others I have done over the last 40 years :happy175:

I'd probably enjoy doing mine again just because it's been torn apart already
But working on one that hasn't and having some seized nuts/bolts aggravates me

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably enjoy doing mine again just because it's been torn apart already
But working on one that hasn't and having some seized nuts/bolts aggravates me

Mine was surprisingly easy for not having been apart. The hardest bolts to get undone were the rear shock bolts. But just put a cheater bar on the ratchet and I was good to go.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was surprisingly easy for not having been apart. The hardest bolts to get undone were the rear shock bolts. But just put a cheater bar on the ratchet and I was good to go.

Same with mine
Fairly easy for nearly every nut/bolt my main issue was getting the UBJ out of the knuckle
I beat that thing like crazy and it took a good 5 mins straight of pounding before it popped loose
The only bolt I had a real issue with were the sway bar end links
They were completely seized up but it was understandable since I live in part of the rust belt

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only ever had one that the bolts were hard to get out
That was one from Indiana, good friend had installed a spacer lift ( before he met us) .
Plus he had I think a gallon of loctite that he soaked everything in before installing. :Insane::Insane::Insane:
Everything was hard to remove. Have done plenty from the so called rust belt and never had any issues really .
The 04 was of course still fairly new when I first lifted it ( only spent one winter right on lake Erie so it was easy) , the 03 was super easy, not a bit of rust on any of the bolts and it had been in Ohio for 12 years before I got it. The 05 is about the same as the 03 small amount of rust but not bad all for a Ohio vehicle

Last edited:

RioT_StartR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well so far springs, struts, bumpstops, isolators, and bushing kit have arrived. Waiting on rear shocks. Once they're here I'll grab some conduit nuts from the hardware store and some hockey pucks and I'll be good to go.

Last edited:

RioT_StartR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so parts are finally here. Really excited to get them installed. That said, I need help. :help:

I work long hours in a steel mill, I have two young children, my wife is a college student/stay at home mom and sitter to my niece and nephew as well as our two, and we're doing like 5 different projects to get our house ready to sell because we have to get out of this horrible district as soon as humanly possible. I don't even have the spare time to watch a weekly television show.:Insane:

With the schedule I have I can only afford to have the jeep out of commission for 1 day. I don't think there's any way I would get this done by myself in 1 day, even if I had the necessary tools.

If anyone with the expertise/tools would be willing to help, I would be willing to compensate with $/food/beer/etc. Plus, I'm really cool to hang out with so there's also that.

Any takers?... tommudd.. twobobskj.. profdlp.. anyone.. anyone.. bueler.. bueler.. :happy175:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so parts are finally here. Really excited to get them installed. That said, I need help. :help:

I work long hours in a steel mill, I have two young children, my wife is a college student/stay at home mom and sitter to my niece and nephew as well as our two, and we're doing like 5 different projects to get our house ready to sell because we have to get out of this horrible district as soon as humanly possible. I don't even have the spare time to watch a weekly television show.:Insane:

With the schedule I have I can only afford to have the jeep out of commission for 1 day. I don't think there's any way I would get this done by myself in 1 day, even if I had the necessary tools.

If anyone with the expertise/tools would be willing to help, I would be willing to compensate with $/food/beer/etc. Plus, I'm really cool to hang out with so there's also that.

Any takers?... tommudd.. twobobskj.. profdlp.. anyone.. anyone.. bueler.. bueler.. :happy175:

Well, I'm sure we can arrange something ;)

I'm out of commission this week and weekend, but the following weekend may be a possibility.

Rev, Prof - wanna do another lift party? :gr_grin:

Bob

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm out of commission this week and weekend, but the following weekend may be a possibility.

Bob

Keep me posted....Would love a trip out to OH.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...If anyone with the expertise/tools would be willing to help, I would be willing to compensate with $/food/beer/etc. Plus, I'm really cool to hang out with so there's also that.

Not much expertise, but I can do something. :)

Bob
I would love to. Just say when. :D

PS: Still looking to unload that skid? I got gone so fast for my alignment I forgot all about it.

Keep me posted....Would love a trip out to OH.
It would be great to meet you! :waytogo:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS: Still looking to unload that skid? I got gone so fast for my alignment I forgot all about it...

Yep - still sitting on the side of the garage looking forlorn :emotions34:

"Ya mean, he just left without me...?????"

;)

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a party to replace my steering rack? LOL

Now that would be a sight - 6 people crowded into the engine bay trying to figure out how to get that #%$# steering rack out the passenger wheel well :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Bob

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a party to me!

6 people standing around watching him try to get that steering rack out! While offering advice of course.