Suspension installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RioT_StartR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to bite the bullet and replace shocks, struts, and springs on my '07. Probably just gonna do ome all around.

Don't have a lot of spare time. Looking for someone in the Cleveland area to do it or at least assist me. I don't have the time, tools, or know-how to do it all entirely by myself. If not a member, does anyone know a good local place, or a person that does this type of work on the side. I was hoping to possibly offset cost by doing some of the work. I'm no mechanic but I can turn a wrench no problem.

Obviously I'm a paying customer. I definitely need to get it done before the weather gets bad. It's an '07 with only about 71,000 miles on it, but regardless of mileage my suspension is showing it's age.

Help...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
About to bite the bullet and replace shocks, struts, and springs on my '07. Probably just gonna do ome all around.

Don't have a lot of spare time. Looking for someone in the Cleveland area to do it or at least assist me. I don't have the time, tools, or know-how to do it all entirely by myself. If not a member, does anyone know a good local place, or a person that does this type of work on the side. I was hoping to possibly offset cost by doing some of the work. I'm no mechanic but I can turn a wrench no problem.

Obviously I'm a paying customer. I definitely need to get it done before the weather gets bad. It's an '07 with only about 71,000 miles on it, but regardless of mileage my suspension is showing it's age.

Help...

We have another member up that way that needs a place to install his, do you have a garage to work in? If so maybe you two could hook up and help each other out. I'm down in the Columbus area currently but may have to make a trip northward if you two need some help!
Not that hard, of course I've done a bunch so what you may think of as hard , I'm like thats not a problem
As far as shocks go, rear ones look for the OME 132Ls

If you need additional info let me know.
I charge to do lifts for non friends , friends I sometimes make exceptions:icon_razz::gr_grin::happy175:

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in Westlake and have all my parts just sitting here. My apartment complex doesn't want me working on it in the parking lot and I am in the same boat.

Like you, I have an '07 (78,000 on mine.) I know what you mean about the suspension at that age. I'll watch this thread and let you know if anything comes up. :)

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends what tools you have or have access to, with tom it would be done in no time, any extra hands help. I did mine over the course of a day ( taking many breaks and working on other stuff also ) and i had never worked on an IFS before, only tractors and sfa's. So if it really comes down to it and you cant find anybody it can be done in a day with minimal experience with the info on these forums, the right tools and half a brain.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You two need to find someone with a two car garage, knock em both out in one day ( been done before :happy175:) If everything goes right
If someone could throw some gas money my way ( plus feed me) :happy175:
I'd be happy to come and help, can bring tools, jacks, jackstands etc
My tools are trained well

RioT_StartR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, It would be great to have you help us out getting this done, but I don't even have a place to do it. I have a two car garage, but my kj already doesn't fit inside so after installing the new suspension, no chance. Driveway? That's about the best I could do.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, It would be great to have you help us out getting this done, but I don't even have a place to do it. I have a two car garage, but my kj already doesn't fit inside so after installing the new suspension, no chance. Driveway? That's about the best I could do.

Well I've done driveways, one car garages, even Marietta ( Ohio ) College parking lot as a surprise from a Father to his daughter so.............:gr_grin::gr_grin: we can see

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My apartment garage is one big long building with 30 bays and 15 double doors. It is dark as a tomb. Clearance to get in is about 6'2".

I am talking to a few people. :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats been done before, had to do it when we did my buddys Dodge van and went to 40s . Raised it 10 extra cement blocks all around
That's nothing. My cousin has a two-story outhouse.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
RioT_StartR, I sent you a PM with a proposition which might benefit both of us. :)

Rsb563

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take lots of pics.

Going to be doing my '07 here in Maryland next month. Take lots of good pics please.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Going to be doing my '07 here in Maryland next month. Take lots of good pics please.

Come to Ohio, we do them better and faster :happy175:
Nothing to it, you're just removing parts and installing new parts

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear is cake man. The front isn't too bad but an extra set of hands helps a bunch when you put the new stuff on at the front.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to help anyone that would be willing to take a drive to Jersey for a weekend :) I (my parents) have a lovely beach house with a 2 car detached garage with plenty of space. I might not be a mechanic, but my suspension has been apart more times than I've changed undies ;)

Unless maybe someone wants to fund a road trip to Ohio? I love a good road trip!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be willing to help anyone that would be willing to take a drive to Jersey for a weekend :) I (my parents) have a lovely beach house with a 2 car detached garage with plenty of space. I might not be a mechanic, but my suspension has been apart more times than I've changed undies ;)

Unless maybe someone wants to fund a road trip to Ohio? I love a good road trip!
Would you be willing to don a fresh pair for the day? I mean, I'd really like to get this job done, but there's only so much a guy can take... :blah:

-->Just kidding you. I envy your expertise and experience. :waytogo: