Sunroof hardware exploded - found the generic parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMoo

Reaction score
So I recently bought a 2006 model KJ (Right hand drive export) with a non-functional sunroof. Not something I was worried about, but none-the-less something worth fixing if the parts are cheap. After a bit of sleuthing and some comparison against the non-****** parts of the sunroof I tracked down potentially the cheapest repair kit you can find https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000917707177.html

Pretty pleased with tracking these down since I didn't want to be spending ~$220 AUD to buy the parts from the sunroof doctor and get them shipped all the way over to Australia, or getting them ripped out by a wrecker (Like I had to for my front and rear suspension bump stops). Hopefully this helps someone else out when the plastic components of their libby sunroof explode.

Reactions: klc

Lobato

Reaction score
I just repaired mine (although I will have to work on in again because I messed up the position of the lift arms, so my sunroof only gets flush with the roof by using VENT and eyeballing the position of it) and I ended up buying the 110 CAD for the sunroof doctor. I wish I had seen this post earlier!

Reactions: klc