Stuck In Neutral!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Hello From Canada!
I was driving into Toronto yesterday and while traveling at hiway speed 110kph/62mph, I touched the gas to change lanes. As soon as I had touched the gas the transmission disengaged as though I had shifted it into neutral. I was able to coast to a safe spot & called CAA. I tried shutting the truck off in case it would reset something electronic, no luck. Also when the engine was on if I put into D or R I was able to push the truck as though it was in neutral. It's at the shop now & it is out of warranty. Wish me luck!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
First off...(welcome)

Secondly...that blows!! Hopefully it is just a solenoid and not too much else. Keep us informed on the prognosis and what the Stealership wants to fleece you because of this.

Derick

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Here's the update!
The pump inside the ****** had failed and so over time there wasn't the proper pressure & everything fried. It was a complete rebuild so while they were doing the work I had them check the diff's & change the fluid in both.
I picked her up this morn as we were away last week and at 3pm the ****** linkage broke. Called CAA again for another tow back up to Newmarket. Tomorrow they will order & install the new linkage.
Gotta love the first day back from vacation!

JoBo

Reaction score
To TonyCRD,

What is the TC upgrade?

Chrysler has introduced a upgraded torque converter for the newer more powerfull VM disel engine used in jeeps in Europe and the rest of the world. That's now the replacment for the 05/06 CRD's too!

TwitchRider

Reaction score
Do you know if the TC upgrade is covered under a Technical Bulletin? Unfortunately my KJ is no longer under warranty.