Strut Spacer Mod - HELP PLEASE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

African Child

Reaction score
So I orderd a set of strut spacers from the States, and installed it yesterday. Problem I am having now is that the ball joint on the upper control arm are touching the coil spring as the suspension drop down. If you jack up the front end you can see the ball joint pushing against the coil spring. Except for a loud bad noise it also damages the rubber on the ball joint. Normaly the grinder would be the first thing in my hands but in this case there is nothing you can cut away.

Need your help here in sunny South Africa please?

Attachments

• 20150227_092402 (Small).jpg
    20150227_092402 (Small).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What does your front suspension consist of, I see you said you ordered strut spacers what brand / what springs etc. It may be that you have 10 pound of rocks in a 5 pound bag

Until we know what you have there is no way to say yes that JBA arms will help or not, they may just depends

OK found where you mentioned you had OME springs in the front, so on to this strut spacer from whom did you buy it from and how thick is it.
If 1/4 inch then JBA arms will help you, if the strut spacer from RRO then you've went too far / too high on lift
Just more info needed

Last edited:

African Child

Reaction score
Yes the strut spacers are from Rocky Road, Old Man Emo 926 Coils infront. If you say I went to far with the lift does this mean the JBA arms won't work?

African Child

Reaction score
Here are some photo's

Attachments

• 20150227_200825 (Small).jpg
    20150227_200825 (Small).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20150227_200815 (Small).jpg
    20150227_200815 (Small).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 36

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
measure middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front and let us know what it is

African Child

Reaction score
21.9 inches Does this mean that the JBA arms will not touch the coils at all? I need to make decision on the JBA arm's. With the South African Rand 11 to 1 against the $, plus shipping & taxes its expensive to bring in, but if its gonna work 100% without touching, I will consider it.

Would the Rocky Road A Arms be an option? I think they are a bit cheaper?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
21.9 inches Does this mean that the JBA arms will not touch the coils at all? I need to make decision on the JBA arm's. With the South African Rand 11 to 1 against the $, plus shipping & taxes its expensive to bring in, but if its gonna work 100% without touching, I will consider it.

Would the Rocky Road A Arms be an option? I think they are a bit cheaper?

If you are at 21.9 / 22 inches you should not have that much contact , surprised its not higher with the springs you have plus that spacer lift from RRO.
NO WAY would I get the RRO UCAs, go with JBA so much better and actual customer service. Try them, not a fan at all the way you have your setup but JBA arms may help some for sure now that we know the height