Stock tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQ_Liberty

Reaction score
What is the Biggest tires i can fit stock on my 2002 liberty limited 4x4 and is there any tricks to get sams club to mount bigger tires than stock bc they said i caint go any bigger when i know there room. Im planning on getting goodyear at d2's for tires prob in a 245/70or75r16? but i just want to know if they will fit

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the Biggest tires i can fit stock on my 2002 liberty limited 4x4 and is there any tricks to get sams club to mount bigger tires than stock bc they said i caint go any bigger when i know there room. Im planning on getting goodyear at d2's for tires prob in a 245/70or75r16? but i just want to know if they will fit
The biggest tire that will not rub will be 254/70's.If your '02 KJ was built before april 12th '02 then you have a "pre-lowered" KJ,which means it's 3/4" higher than all other KJ's.My '02 pre-lowered KJ I ran 245/75's(MT/R's) and only had very slight rub on the foglamp access doors at full lock,but that could be taken care of with a heat gun.

SRQ_Liberty

Reaction score
also are the atd2's that goodyear make good? and how could i get a place like sams to mount the tires i want in the size i want?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but 245/75r16 will fit and will only rub something that wont be dangerous to my driving?
I ran that size on mine for about a year untill I needed new tires,like I said it only rubbed on the fog lamp doors(which can be bent out of the way with a heat gun) at full lock,but that was on my KJ,and brand new,drove it off the lot with 245/75 MT/R's.You may experiance more rub due to your springs sagging after 6 years,personnally I would just stick to 245/70's,only like 1/2" shorter.

SRQ_Liberty

Reaction score
They are great tires. I tried to make them slip in the rain at a light and they tried to slip then stoped. The tires have great traction, its a quiet ride with little noise, and they were around 125 a tire a resonable price for all terrains

Latest posts

Members online