Stock Tire (Wrangler) question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madflava

Reaction score
I've popped two in the first 10,000 miles - on in a city alley way and one on a dirt road. Are these tires really THAT bad?

Eventually, I am going to replace them all. What is a good tire recommendation for quiteness, great snow/mud traction and reliability. Can I go up a size?

Thanks in advance!

05 KJ Renegade

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Nokian Vatiivas. Bridgestone Revos, Goodyear Silent Armors and others have been well received. Took me a little over 20,000 to take out 2 of mine. Yes, indeed they are worthless junk compared to the Nokians I put on. I went with 245/70X16 and they are a good fit, no rubbing and fill out the wheel well nicely.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm - I'd like to ask the same qu - mine seem to getting a little slippy...

dnm45227

Reaction score
they are nicknamed crapyears for a reason. most everyone here goes with revo's, bfg a/t ko's, and an up and comer seems to be the grabber at2.

i've got the crd w/the bfg's, maybe tax time we'll swap out the rennie.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
it also depends on which wranglers you got mounted.
I have HP's, many people refer to the others as crapyears. So far I have been happy with my HPs, other than a few skids and average to below average wet performance, it does fairly well in dry highway surfaces. No major offroad, which I am sure is why they might be called crapyears, due to lack of grab.

I put 32k on them , considering replacing them at 40k with something that can perform better on highway, silent and will do good in snow.

goldsco

Reaction score
I have an 05 with 20k and just replaced my Wranglers. I couldn't drive in the rain without being in 4 wheel drive.

I bought the Dueler H/L Alenza's and couldn't be happier.

Members online

No members online now.