stock scissor jack quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checking before I fix my scissor jack.

Does the pinch weld fit through that slit on top of the scissor jack?

Mine currently does not and I want to make sure that it is suppose to before I enlarge the slit.

Which is correct for the KJ?
Not sure if the weight is suppose to be on the pinch weld or the body on the sides of the pinch weld. *these are general pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

or

Thanks.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
59681[/ATTACH]"]

Photo from my owners manual.

Attachments

• JACK%20point%20front.jpg
    JACK%20point%20front.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

So I reminded myself what the issue was with my scissor jack and the issue is the front jacking point, the notch on the pinch weld is not wider that the top of the scissor jack. This means my scissor jack will only jack on the pinch weld. Both D/S and P/S have the same issue. The side of the notch catches the ends of that slit on the scissor jack.

Anyone have this problem?

Solution? Grind the notch wider?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Block your wheels good...IDK but you can see the groove in mine...
"]
[/URL]
The OEM jack is flimsy, and can bend... and I wont use the OEM anymore at all.
I got a real tall, bearing type heavy duty scissor jack ,from an ole GM Pu Truck that is super strong...
"]
[/URL]

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The sides of the pinchweld on the frame might be mushroomed out. Mine are. Pound it back or just move down the frame. Or just jack it by the LCA.

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its easier and safer (jack isnt extended as far) to jack from these: under pass lca, under driver lca, either side of the rear axle. Just pick whichever side needs the work (flat tire etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sides of the pinchweld on the frame might be mushroomed out. Mine are. Pound it back or just move down the frame. Or just jack it by the LCA.

HJ: nothing is mushroomed up. The width of the notch is not wide to accommodate the entire width of the scissor jack head/mount/whachamacallit.

I just don't get it why they would issue a jack that doesn't fit appropriately at the mounting point.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HJ: nothing is mushroomed up. The width of the notch is not wide to accommodate the entire width of the scissor jack head/mount/whachamacallit.

I just don't get it why they would issue a jack that doesn't fit appropriately at the mounting point.

Something must be off about either your jack or your pinch weld...as mine fits my 03 perfectly fine. I don't think Chrysler put a non-fitting jack in these vehicles. It isn't a great jack, but it should fit.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me the jack provided should only be used for emergencies like a flat tire, otherwise I'll stick to my 3 ton jack and stands for anything else.