Stock Intake Pipe V6 Liberty to V6 Dodge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

All vehicles have it now but i have to say the 3.7 V6 and 4.7L V8 have the WORST resonators i've seen: While others have the resonators closer to the airbox away from the throttle body, Chrysler has them right smack on the throttle.

My Pontiac T/A is/was exactly like the one in this pic. I must say that to be effective it would look like the best design.
________

Last edited:

2007V6Dak

Reaction score
Ok one place wanted $25 for the intake hose from a 2004 KJ. The dealership parts department wants $45.80. Hopefully soon i'll go and check it out.

Definately need to get rid of it. It does nothing but lose valuable air pressure to help get my truck moving from a full stop and going up hills (before upshift to higher gear), and that is an area that requires torque! Different cars have different resonators and while most will aid the engine's low end torque, the ones in the 3.7 and 4.7 apparently don't; From what i've read it makes their vehicles slow and noisy.

S1Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One could read thru all this and still not have the correct answer to the resonators purpose.

One of the BIG reasons for it is to help pass the noise test parameters. Wanna do some informed reading? Study up on the early Buell air boxes. That would be Buell motorcycles circa pre 2003 models. That ugly looking air box hanging there had multiple purposes.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a better question.

Why do early model KJ's have them, but later models KJ's don't. My '03 has a resonator, and my girlfriend's '06 doesn't. They're both 3.7L's.

Here's my theory. Either they don't make a bit of difference in performance and it's there just for aesthetics, or when they tweaked the 3.7L in '05 for improved gas milage they found it helped to remove it.

Latest posts

Members online