Stealth Sub Install Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I don't know if anyone has tried this, but I'm going to try to install an 8" or 10" Solobaric (square) sub under the front seats. I realize that there is a 6.5" available, but that isn't enough. I've taken some preliminary measurements and I think I can get the 0.66 cu ft required for a 10" Solobaric. However, that is a minimum. I'm going to begin with the maximum size box (0.66 cu ft) but I'm going to put an 8" sub in there and see how that sounds. I may build one 10" and one 8" and compare them. I can always cut the 8" hole out bigger, or resurface the box and cut another 8" hole if I decide to go with the 8's. I plan on having two subs up there.

I'm going to form the box out of fiberglass. This will allow me to utilize the maximum amount airspace out of the room under the seat. I'll try to make the box removable, but the only way to remove it will be to pull the seat out (probably). This will help with theft issues also.

If I can pull this off, would anyone else be interested in a box like this? It'll be a pain to install (pulling the seat). It would not work in a unit with power seats. It should get really loud though. Especially if I am able to port it. (8" only, the 10" couldn't be ported, box wouldn't be big enough)

My next step is to pull the seat and get some exact measurements. I'm sort of hoping I'll find a way to build it out of wood instead of fiberglass, much easier.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Rescu2000

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck with that, sounds interesting =D>

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rescu2000 said:
My next step is to pull the seat and get some exact measurements. I'm sort of hoping I'll find a way to build it out of wood instead of fiberglass, much easier.

I have an extra set of seats from an '02 Sport in the garage if you want me to measure anything.

Best of luck with your project.... the extent of my audio modifications will probably end with replacing the factory speakers. Already got a new HU.

-Blu

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but I need to pull the seats to create a mock-up box (out of cardboard) and fit that into the base. This will allow me to get precise measurements and calculate the maxiumum airspace I can get out of there. It's awful tight under there. I have to keep the box below the sliding seat rails. This will leave a bit of space for the seat cushion to bend downwards when I sit down. It will also have to "mold" to the floor. I've already noticed that I will have to remove the power wires for the power seats, not like I need them anyway...
Rescu2000