Starscan only at a stealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Life Liberty Happiness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if a smaller shop would be able to hook my Libby up to the starscan. I just finished installing the Uconnect and the directions say its sales code needs to be added. All the stealerships here want anywhere from 79.99-109.99 to do this. Is this out of line and do I really only have the option of doing it at a dealer?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a starscan yourself about ,you can also buy the programs through Chrysler.It will cost you big $$$$ and almost no other shops besides the dealerships will have that access for that price,even if you can find a shop other then a dealership with a starscan.

Looking at maybe $8000+ for the starscan and who knows how much for the programs you need,likey about $600 per program and one time use also.

Life Liberty Happiness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured. There's a starscan on Craigslist for 3100, but way outta my range. Ill just make an apt for the cheapest place on monday. Thanks!