Stamped steel Front door frame-Thin metal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Something I noticed while cleaning/lubing door hinges.
The metal around door stop on inner frame can deflect everything outwards pretty easily.
So don't be a Gorilla when opening the doors eh? :gr_grin:
In the video below, you can see I am just going a bit past the stop, while opening door.
You must be registered for see images attach
"]
[/URL]
I guess they don't make metal like they use to.
Overall the door hinges and design are robust.
I think I will open door easily and not allow the wind to grab em while opening now ..ha ha..:icon_wink:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something I noticed while cleaning/lubing door hinges.
The metal around door stop on inner frame can deflect everything outwards pretty easily.
So don't be a Gorilla when opening the doors eh? :gr_grin:
In the video below, you can see I am just going a bit past the stop, while opening door.
"]
[/URL]
I guess they don't make metal like they use to.
Overall the door hinges and design are robust.
I think I will open door easily and not allow the wind to grab em while opening now ..ha ha..:icon_wink:

No more bananas for you...........LOL

Dave

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are under-estimating the amount of leverage and force at play here. I'm certain that the door hinges and associated components have been thoroughly tested. I'm not aware of any long-term issues that come up with KJ doors falling down.

Sure, the metal is not as thick and reinforced as perhaps a 1975 Buick... but it doesn't have to be.

Wind catching a door and blowing it far past the stop with hundreds of pounds of force is going to always be bad on just about every vehicle.

I wouldn't sweat this.