Spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepmedic46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to change my spark plugs and wires in my 04 Liberty. Any suggestions on what type of plugs and wires to get. Is this a difficult thing to do?

05Sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey not sure on the type of plugs to buy

but you should check out the how to video by flair in the how to section

OMG it is so flippin funny

Last edited:

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend the Bosch Double Platinum Plugs. Stay away from the +2 or +4 plugs. They have problems with dropping electrodes into cylinders.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
cheap autolite paltinums are just as good or better than any of the others, plus be real careful when you set the plugs most use a metal gauge which is bad use a plastic one

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be real careful when you set the plugs most use a metal gauge which is bad use a plastic one

X2 on that. The metal gauge will actually scuff/scratch the platinum off of the electrode, making it wear out quicker like standard copper plugs.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like non-mechanically inclined poeple,I make mad money off of you.Just did a plug change in a '05 KJ today,got paid 2.2 hours for 20mins of work.And to the guy with the '08 Ford Escape I worked on today thank you for the 3.8 hours of pay to change your plugs and PCV valve which only took me 45mins:D.

becuase of poeple like these I flagged 23.8 hours today and was only actually there for 10 hours:D,my wallet and SFA fund thanks you:D.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like non-mechanically inclined poeple,I make mad money off of you.Just did a plug change in a '05 KJ today,got paid 2.2 hours for 20mins of work.And to the guy with the '08 Ford Escape I worked on today thank you for the 3.8 hours of pay to change your plugs and PCV valve which only took me 45mins:D.

becuase of poeple like these I flagged 23.8 hours today and was only actually there for 10 hours:D,my wallet and SFA fund thanks you:D.

So anyone who takes their KJ to you is advised to subtract 75% of the labor charge off the invoice?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So anyone who takes their KJ to you is advised to subtract 75% of the labor charge off the invoice?
Nope,you pay the full amount since that is the "average time" to do that job according to the industry standard for labor guides(Mitchell).

You got to also realize that if a job pays 2 hours and it takes me 4 hours I still only get paid for 2 hours of work.That's why I spend big money for highly specialized tools to make my job easier and faster and that equals more money for me by allowing me to do jobs faster and doing more per day.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Does that mean you scored 15.8 hours of overtime for today or is it based off of a 40HR per week thing. If so, getout.gif :D.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that mean you scored 15.8 hours of overtime for today or is it based off of a 40HR per week thing. If so, getout.gif :D.
By CO law even on flat rate I still get overtime but it not the same as regular overtime,it's a math formula to caculate my effective rate which is my overtime pay only for my actual clock hours over 40 hours.The more flag hours I get boost my effective rate which pays more overtime.Normally you do not get overtime if your on flat rate.

GSXRGUY

Reaction score

Praying on the less talented and the uneducated....I like it.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Praying on the less talented and the uneducated....I like it.

Yeah, In tell it's your kids or even your parents! SHOCKED.gif(dropmouth)
Don't get me wrong. I understand that there are some pretty stupid people out there. But it sounds like you don't loose any sleep over it.notcool.gif JMO

GSXRGUY

Reaction score
Yeah, In tell it's your kids or even your parents! SHOCKED.gif(dropmouth)
Don't get me wrong. I understand that there are some pretty stupid people out there. But it sounds like you don't loose any sleep over it.notcool.gif JMO

My point has been made..

I think you meant to say, Until :rolleyes:

Last edited: