spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume mine are still NGK. Probably change them out soon, just to get a bit better mileage with the new bigger tires I'm getting.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im gonna be changin mine as soon as the weather breaks here and stays warm consistantly. what brand and type should i use? platinums, split fires, 4 prongers? which is best? is there a complete system from MSD for our jeeps? will that really help much? what about those grounding wire kits ive seen for other vehicles would they help with mlieage?

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the factory plug on liberty is ngk. for that is what the truck is designed to run great with. i have heard some guys saying something about a e3 plug that are like 7 bucks a peice but i have no idea how good they are.
i have an 05 liberrty sport with the 3.7 which i got way discouinted i only had to pay 20 percent over cost. lol nice lil perk huh

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autolights platinums,Auto lights are the only way to go!

Ok, so according to the consensus here the NGK is the factory installed plug. Mine have not been changed yet. What benefit would the platinum plugs be over the NGK's? I never used platinum plugs before.

Dave

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so according to the consensus here the NGK is the factory installed plug. Mine have not been changed yet. What benefit would the platinum plugs be over the NGK's? I never used platinum plugs before.

Dave
Platinum plugs last longer, some up to 100k. But don't leave plugs in an aluminum head for 100k or you will probably be fused to the head. Changing the plugs at 30k even w/ anti-seize they where still pretty darn tight.