Spare Tire Cover (now with a pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Anybody know of a good place to get a good spare tire cover for cheap? My American Flag Jeep one that i've had on there for 3 years now is looking pretty damn sorry (its barely visable anymore, and what is visable is completely white).

Thanks.

here's how pathetic mine looks:

You must be registered for see images

Ohh and on a side note, Rejex shined up my jeep so good, you can see my neighbors XJ parked in my driveway that i'm Jeep sitting for right now.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try your dealer for dealer-branded one, if you want to get a cheap one. They may even give you one for free if you swear you will carry it around. Otherwise, check local car accessories store, they have the thin ones for about 20-30 bucks.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ideally i want one of the hard covers (like the ones found overseas...and i've seen them for sale in the US) but they are expensive as all hell....so that rules them out.

I basically want one that gonna be strong, and not wear out as quickly as this one did.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from an eBay store, Apache Tire Covers (which I can't seem to find anymore). They custom made sewn vinyl tire covers on the cheap. They also had some nice pre-made designs for cheaper ($40 to $50) Things like silver flames and other simple designes, nothing too gaudy.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Ideally i want one of the hard covers (like the ones found overseas...and i've seen them for sale in the US) but they are expensive as all hell....so that rules them out.

Expensive, indeed! I was quoted US$200 at the local dealer here.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddie, I'll give you the one that I dont use any more....It's black and just says "JEEP" on the back. Its still in pretty good shape (needs to be cleaned) but its got a small hole in the middle, hardly noticable.

let me know if you want it...

later, Tony-

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, I agree... you've got Revos... why cover up such a cool tire! I took mine off recently... as it had mold growing in it! But of course I don't have cool tires like you do. sad2.gif

All Things Jeep has tire covers... and remember they give us a discount (see them in the vendor section).

http://www.allthingsjeep.com/tire-covers.html

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Eddie, I'll give you the one that I dont use any more....It's black and just says "JEEP" on the back. Its still in pretty good shape (needs to be cleaned) but its got a small hole in the middle, hardly noticable.

later, Tony-

Tony, are you talking about those plastic tire covers you see on local Cherokees?

You must be registered for see images attach

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Tim, I agree... you've got Revos... why cover up such a cool tire!

Ahh see but I only bought 4 Revo's...still got the crapyear as my spare....someday if i get some extra cash i'll grab another Revo.

Thanks for the suggestions yall, I appreciate it. I've seen the ones on all things jeep in the past...might go give them another look.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eddiev9 said:
bohica-kj said:

later, Tony-

Tony, are you talking about those plastic tire covers you see on local Cherokees?

No, It's just your standard black canvis with an elastic band on the edge. As soon as I got my BFG's mounted, I took it off. I agree with the guys above, I you got nice tires.....show em' off \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
Believe me if I had a good tire as the spare i'd show it off, but like I said, only got 4 Revo's, still got the crapyear on there.

And I didn't exactly pay for my last cover (salesman threw it in for me) so im havin a hard time having to pay for this one...lol.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Believe me if I had a good tire as the spare i'd show it off, but like I said, only got 4 Revo's, still got the crapyear on there.

And I didn't exactly pay for my last cover (salesman threw it in for me) so im havin a hard time having to pay for this one...lol.

Four?! [-X

Well it shouldn't be too late to pickup a 5th and do five tire rotations. When I was seeing if I could switch tires between the KJ and TJ... I did hang a Revo on the back of the KJ and it looked sweet!!! Now that's a tire to show off.
hump.gif

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
yeah yeah i know, but if my budget were any tighter it'd snap into a million pieces.

That must be because of your new woman! It happens to the best of us... 8-[

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
2003KJ said:
yeah yeah i know, but if my budget were any tighter it'd snap into a million pieces.

That must be because of your new woman! It happens to the best of us... 8-[

Ohh no, it was plenty tight before her, now it's even worse!