Sony DSX S100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teh Dubya

Reaction score
Sony DSX S100 (HU)

When I bought the Renegade it had a CD in the factory player. This CD cannot be removed. My commute takes me through a mountain pass and am/fm is not always a reliable source of enjoyable noise.

I wanted something that I could hook my iPod/iPhone up to, but i hate having cables all over the place.

I found this. And then I bought it. Who needs CDs anyway?

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666086157

Has anyone seen/used this?

When it shows up and installs itself I'll post an update.

Last edited:

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please do, id be more interested in seeing how this"tray" holds an ipod, and which ipods it can hold

Megalos

Reaction score
If I hadn't already had the FM Ipod adapter already, I may have gone with something more like this. As it was, I just run a cable from the ipod to the Aux input while the Ipod is plugged into the fm adapter. That way its charged and I run the ipod as usual.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i guess it would have been good to watch the video, now i see that tray, thats pretty cool, i hate having the cord hanging from my dash , and i always wind up leaving my ipod running because its on that cord, and doesnt get charged either, i think im definatly getting this radio

Teh Dubya

Reaction score
Hey,
Is this deck compatible with the steering wheel audio controls?
Thx,

Good question. I don't know. I don't recall there being a separate wiring adapter for vehicles with steering wheel controls.

It arrived yesterday and I installed it. the tray is pretty big and looks like it will fit even the largest of iPods. The manual also claims it to be able to read any storage device as long as the file types are .mpg, .wma, and .m4a (itunes).

I'll add pics if anyone wants them.