iphone hook up to OEM radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TayJeep

Reaction score
Anyone ever use this? Im just looking to use my factory 2006 stereo/CD player and have my iphone 6 connect so I can listen to music off of it. FM transmitter thing I have is lousy.

ISFM22 bluetooth iPod iPhone adapter wireless not FM

Bluetooth iPod iPhone ISFM22

Isimple

Bluetooth Audio Input for iPod iPhone iPad ISFM22

Universal Bluetooth audio adapter for iPod, iPhone, or iPad. It wireless connects your device
to any car audio system for audio streaming, Listen to your iPod music Pandora or any
online audio service. This is not an FM wireless transmitter, it is a Bluetooth audio interface
Works with any radio by auxiliary audio input or hardwired FM.
Provides an direct clean audio connection solution with factory like appearance.
No visible switches or wires in the vehicle.
Auto reconnect when entering vehicle.
Three select-able Fm broadcast frequencies. if not using the aux
Full band Fm broadcast selection with free iOs application.
Works for Apple and Android.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on what stereo you have. There was a couple diffferent stereo models depending on what Liberty you have. I know there is one base model stereo where there is nowhere to plug in an adapter or anything else for aux in even as a wire. That was the one I had in my 2006 Sport. I read people even attempted taking it apart to fit a regular Aux plug or a USB adapter but with no success at all. Cheapest option there was to just get an aftermarket unit with the option.

I do know if you have one of the other nicer headunits that where not the base model version of the stereo that you could connect an adapter to make it work though.

In reality for like $99 you could get a headunit with bluetooth integration. Probably the easiest and cheapest route to go.

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on what stereo you have. There was a couple different stereo models depending on what Liberty you have. I know there is one base model stereo where there is nowhere to plug in an adapter or anything else for aux in even as a wire.

The one in the first post hooks up one of two different ways, either through your antenna cable connection, or to RCA jacks if your stereo is so equipped. I'm curious too how well that one works, using the antenna connection.