AUX frustration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaksanov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an RBK unit and I cannot freaking figure out which adapter to use to plug into the CD changer. They have discontinued PIE-CHRY02 model and I cannot seem to find the one that would work. I have ordered 2 different adapters already and they do not work. Freaking second adapter that I got plugs in but does not do anything when you hit Mode, it does not recognize it as a CD changer, I called the guy I bought it from and he said I would have to turn AUX on on it. Which I do not even think is possible. I just want to keep my stock stereo. I thought about buying an adapter and trying to cut into am/fm tuner. I saw a post on reditt about it, but not sure if his points are the same as mine would be. I do not have a CD Changer so I cannot splice into those wires either.

So what are people's recommendations for adapters? I don't want to pay over $50.

Here are some adapters I found:
Axxess iPod Auxiliary Input AIP CR01 ID for 98 04 Chrysler | eBay

^^^ This one is kind of what I got, except mine was $50 but looks the same just different name. I am returning mine though since it doesn't work.

Axxess iPod Auxiliary Input AIP Crcan ID Chrysler Jeep 05 07 | eBay

and Grom Audio
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Auxiliary Input Adapter Kit

Please help me out

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an RBK unit and I cannot freaking figure out which adapter to use to plug into the CD changer. They have discontinued PIE-CHRY02 model and I cannot seem to find the one that would work. I have ordered 2 different adapters already and they do not work. Freaking second adapter that I got plugs in but does not do anything when you hit Mode, it does not recognize it as a CD changer, I called the guy I bought it from and he said I would have to turn AUX on on it. Which I do not even think is possible. I just want to keep my stock stereo. I thought about buying an adapter and trying to cut into am/fm tuner. I saw a post on reditt about it, but not sure if his points are the same as mine would be. I do not have a CD Changer so I cannot splice into those wires either.

So what are people's recommendations for adapters? I don't want to pay over $50.

Here are some adapters I found:
Axxess iPod Auxiliary Input AIP CR01 ID for 98 04 Chrysler | eBay

^^^ This one is kind of what I got, except mine was $50 but looks the same just different name. I am returning mine though since it doesn't work.

Axxess iPod Auxiliary Input AIP Crcan ID Chrysler Jeep 05 07 | eBay

and Grom Audio
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Auxiliary Input Adapter Kit

Please help me out

I just bought and installed the Grom Audio adapter and it works perfectly. The satellite radio kit I bought from SiriousXM has a 1/8" input and that Grom unit provides all I need.

Pull the RBK unit out of the dash, press in the Grom Audio harness to the back of the head unit, route the 1/8" cable where you want it, button up the stereo into the dash and fire up your satellite radio, phone or iPod, hit "Mode" on the head unit and BINGO! Audio from an Aux source.

Took me about 15 minutes to install the Grom unit - took far longer to route the cables for my satellite radio so it doesn't look bush league (I can't stand wires and sloppy-looking installs for aftermarket stuff :emotions34: )

I highly recommend the Grom system :waytogo:

Bob

vaksanov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought and installed the Grom Audio adapter and it works perfectly. The satellite radio kit I bought from SiriousXM has a 1/8" input and that Grom unit provides all I need.

Pull the RBK unit out of the dash, press in the Grom Audio harness to the back of the head unit, route the 1/8" cable where you want it, button up the stereo into the dash and fire up your satellite radio, phone or iPod, hit "Mode" on the head unit and BINGO! Audio from an Aux source.

Took me about 15 minutes to install the Grom unit - took far longer to route the cables for my satellite radio so it doesn't look bush league (I can't stand wires and sloppy-looking installs for aftermarket stuff :emotions34: )

I highly recommend the Grom system :waytogo:

Bob

Awesome info! Did you get their cheapest unit?