Someone broke into my Jeep...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Pics later as soon as these stray dogs decide to leave.

OK, here's what happened. My sister's Jeep was parked behind mine. I needed to get to a pharmacy... quick. I sadly didn't find what I needed, so I have to wait until some other spot opens. Anyway...

I hopped into my sister's Jeep. It's about 4:10AM. I go to a pharmacy, they didn't have what I wanted, and told me to go somewhere else. On the way to Rite-Aid, I get a call on the phone. It's my house. Mom informs me of what just happened, and she's all pissed and bent out of shape. I told her that I had more important matters than some crazy Jeep, and I'll see her when I get home. It happened at about 4:28AM.

Here's what I know: My alarm started going nuts and the airhead (my sister) thinks it's the panic alarm. Um, what? They're 2 different tones, lol. Plus, I had my own keys, nobody was sleeping on them or anything. Anyway, she found my other key and tried to turn it off. Meanwhile my neighbor is looking out the window, and that's when sis decided to go see what was going on. Bam, Driver's side rear quarter window BUSTED.

I got home at 5AM.

Here's the pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh well. :(

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
They didn't get a chance to take anything. Nobody even saw them. They ran off as soon as the alarm went off. Nothing's missing at all. They ripped my vent visor off then threw it in the rear seat. Bastards.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry this happened to you.

Some people are a waste of oxygen.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This poor '03 Limited Edition - Silver which hit ... something (front end damage) is donating its glass to me. Screw the dealer part... I don't have the $$$. They (Salvage Yard) said they'll take it off today and have it in my hands later... the latest is tomorrow morning.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough break. I don't know what they were after, but if I may offer a word of wisdom... don't leave ANYTHING in view in a parked vehicle. Your GPS in plain sight on the dash is just an invitation for someone to break in....

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Tough break. I don't know what they were after, but if I may offer a word of wisdom... don't leave ANYTHING in view in a parked vehicle. Your GPS in plain sight on the dash is just an invitation for someone to break in....

Oh it was in the console. :) I just mounted everything back up to prove that they didn't take anything. :p

I have the strongest feeling that they were after the whole Jeep, not just what was in it. The funniest thing? My window sticker, which clearly says "Security Group" was sitting right there in plain sight. And I don't know why they didn't notice the red light blinking on my instrument cluster. Dummies.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That ***** Marlon. Glad they didnt get away with anything and its obvious they didnt have a clue what they were doing or they would know that theres no way they could of taken that jeep. What were they trying to do by breaking the little window out? haha, and why did they take the vent visor off and put it in the seat? Buncha idiots.

If they are going to try to break into someones vehicle, they need to at least know what they are doing.. lol

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope the install goes smoothly for you.

Install a security light outside. The type with a motion sensor that will come on when anyone walks there. Or install one of those outside monitor systems. (or both) Just thinking out loud here.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Dave, there's 4 lights in my backyard. Tonight, ALL 4 of them were on. We keep them on because my mom comes in late some nights. I dunno what was in these people's heads?

$150 later and all fixed... and in less than 12 hours! Oh well, such is life. :)

:D lol3.gif

Oh and btw: The '03 I got the window from? Was a 5/03 build with the 45RFE. :D

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Heh, your Jeep is special, Tim. :)

I'm now wondering if I should go back and get that brushguard? I KNOW it'll bolt up, but will it look right? That's the question, hmm... anybody ever seen the mopar Brushguard on an '05+?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm now wondering if I should go back and get that brushguard? I KNOW it'll bolt up, but will it look right? That's the question, hmm... anybody ever seen the mopar Brushguard on an '05+?

How much did they want for it? Is it a "u-pull-it "place?? Drive right up to it in your KJ and see. The bumper is a little different but it should bolt right up. But how it looks is "in the eye of the beholder".

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Looks good marlon! Did the glass cut the seat or anything?

How did you go about getting that glass back in?

I let a glass shop take care of it. :) The glass didn't cut the seat at all.

Brushguard is mine today. :D (Provided they're open...)

Hey! That vacuum sure came in handy yesterday! :D

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Marlon. Good deal on the Brush Guard. Where did you go, out to Joy Road in The Clem?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Marlon. Good deal on the Brush Guard. Where did you go, out to Joy Road in The Clem?

Ryan's Quality Used Auto Parts in Ferndale had the glass. Other places I visited:

Macomb Auto Salvage
Their next door neighbor, Harry's
Sheridan's All Chrysler Auto Parts (They have the brushguard)
M-97 Auto Parts
Parts Galore (lol.... it was worth a try... not a sign of a Liberty anywhere)
LKQ of Michigan
one other one I can't remember... and I also contacted this place in Toledo... they also had the glass. I would have driven down there to go get it if Ryan's didn't have it.

For future reference: There were a few news stories about a group of local idiots going around breaking into and attempting to steal Chryslers. Due to that, State Farm and Detroit Police were giving away free wheel locks to any Chrysler owner. It's a known issue, and it has happened to my uncle's Dodge Shadow, and Dodge Caliber, and my cousin's Plymouth Sundance. Of course we all remember THAT topic. lol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif

Last edited: