Someone broke into my Jeep...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
On the bottom right of the first page it shows:

04-04-2001
6667-00-1

OK, so it is different... slightly

04-04-2001
6096-00-1

I bet because of the model year differences, I need to take the bumper off, and several other panels... possibly. Looks like this won't happen in one day. :)

EDIT: Scratch that, we have 2 different versions, DEFINITELY. Keep posting. :)

Last edited:

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the problem you're having with the upper mount? Is it the angled pieces (F & G) that fits in the angled slot on the guard?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
What exactly is the problem you're having with the upper mount? Is it the angled pieces (F & G) that fits in the angled slot on the guard?

Yes, where the heck do they go? I've been looking for it, but apparently not hard enough. It's got to be here somewhere. Like I previously said, it looks like I need to take the bumper off...

BTW: Those angled pieces are called "B" and "C" in these dumb instructions...

This may or may not end up being impossible. :(

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I took a couple of pics and here is what I have.

This is where the bracket comes through the grill and mounts to the guard. I remember taking off the grill to mount the part and then threading the grill back on.

You must be registered for see images

and here is where it mounts to the vehicle. This is on the right (passenger) side of the Jeep looking through the turn signal opening.

You must be registered for see images

That little picture where they show the guy "peeling back" something (picture 9 - part F on what I posted) to get to it is misleading. There is nothing to peel back and I think its meant to show that it is on the other side of that panel.

I used part "I" on my pict-o-graph; the nut with the stick welded to it and maneuvered that through my fog light access hole (in the wheel well) to be able to thread the nut on the end of it. That's why they have that piece welded to it, to help you position that bolt while you thread it.

Hope this helps and if not let me know and I'll PM you with my cell number if its not clear.

Oh yeah, there was an empty hole where this mounted in the wheel well - turn signal area so It was designed for this guard to fit.

Last edited:

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reeeeeaallly sorry Marlon to read about your story...no words to say what I'd do to such bastards....while I was at the cinema last week, someone opened the trunk of my honda scooter and took away my brand new BMW helmet...I still have my blood boiling

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to take my bumper off because I can't see that anywhere. It looks like it's obviously a part of the actual frame, so I doubt it was changed. Tomorrow is another day. Now if only I can get my jackstands from my cousin I'll be alright and I can rotate my tyres!

musicaldoc, I'm hardly worried about it anymore. All the neighbors know my window was replaced now and they still can't believe I did it so quickly. The people next door still haven't said much to us since...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
. All the neighbors know my window was replaced now and they still can't believe I did it so quickly. The people next door still haven't said much to us since...

Do you think one of your neighbors might have had something to do with the break- in??

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh dam, and didn't you say in another post somewhere that you just moved there???

Keep a close eye on them and just be polite but not too friendly if you know what I mean.

Dave

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew a couple who had a piton and sometimes left it in the car on the dashboard...you can bet that no strange neighbor would have got near that car ha ha
BTW....they gave it away when they had a baby :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burn everyones house down within 500 feet marlon.. That will fix everything.

And after that, barbed wire and claymores on the perimeter with pleanty of sandbags and lighting and some attack poodles roaming the property.:D

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I wonder what this block would look like with no homes on it? Probably just like it did back in 1940, I'm sure... I've heard that it was farmland.

I wish I could find some old pics of the neighborhood a long time ago. I love looking at old pictures.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what this block would look like with no homes on it? Probably just like it did back in 1940, I'm sure... I've heard that it was farmland.

I wish I could find some old pics of the neighborhood a long time ago. I love looking at old pictures.

check out shorpy.com for interesting old pic's.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon, sorry to hear about what happened to your jeep. Sometimes no matter what you do, these bastards show up in places. Breaking it at the rear quarter also leads me to believing that they were after whole jeep. They wanted to least damage they could so it is also cheaper for them to replace it before they shipped it out of country..