Someone broke into my Jeep...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You guys are funny. If I could, I would.

With that said, I've still got some glass to clean up, but it looks like someone stole my orange extention cord... how appropriate. I DEFINITELY know who did it... my father. Blah.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They ripped my vent visor off then threw it in the rear seat. Bastards.

It's not damaged!! Do you still have the two sided 3M tape? :)

Glad to hear nothing was stolen. I've been parking the Jeep in my yard with the fence shut for a while now. About 2 weeks back my motion sensor front porch light turned on around 1:30AM. I was just about to go to bed and didn't think nothing of it (probably an animal), until I heard some voices. You have to be on my property for the light to go on so I went and checked out the window. Some kids were looking at the Jeep, not super close, but too close for my comfort. I don't have things out in plain view and the windows are tinted so they would have to get real close to see inside.

Since then I've parked in the back with the gate shut. I hope the neighbor doesn't keep their Charger parked in the street every night. Especially with that big huge GPS stuck to the dash.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
No. My boss at the computer store used it all. I specifically said that only small amounts are required, but he uses it like it's... well tape. It's not really tape, it's more like 2 sided adhesive, lol. So now there's residue all over the dang store... from what I hear. Serves him right, lol

I'll have to go get some of the stuff that Mopar uses... somewhere... maybe the almighty Home Depot might have it? I'm sick of going to Home Depot though, and the livingroom and hallway remodeling isn't even completely finished yet. Anybody ever taken down wood paneling?

I haven't even gone to check out the Jeep this morning/afternoon. I saw the dude who I have accused of breaking in. He was camping out on his car last night, then after he saw me look at him, I caught him again hiding inside his car. As you know, my Jeep was parked in the backyard, with the gate closed. Doesn't stop them from opening the gate I guess...

... I'm thinking it's really time for some window tint. For.... numerous reasons.... I have avoided the issue.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Never in my post did I mention any police department. :)

I will say this... at least when they DO need to be police officers, they are... unlike Detroit police. May I ask why it took them until 9AM to come to my house? I wasn't even here and by that time, I was gone looking for my window glass!

But hehehehehehe, to this minute I am STILL wondering what was going through dude's head the second that horn started honking and lights started flashing? :D lol3.gif
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9aozC27H81Q

Back to that tape... I wonder what would happen if I went to a certain place on M-102 and M-97 and begged for a "free sample" from 3M? :)

Last edited:

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For future reference: There were a few news stories about a group of local idiots going around breaking into and attempting to steal Chryslers. Due to that, State Farm and Detroit Police were giving away free wheel locks to any Chrysler owner. It's a known issue, and it has happened to my uncle's Dodge Shadow, and Dodge Caliber, and my cousin's Plymouth Sundance. Of course we all remember THAT topic.

They must be idiots, they won't be driving them away unless they are pre-2002 without the security chip in the key. I think it is similiar around here in Baltimore, rats with 2 legs and 4 legs. Around here they will break a window looking for change. So far so good with my current 2 cars. They both have factory alarms. My old 98 Neon with no alarm had been ransacked many times. I could only leave the passenger compartment empty and unlocked or else my window would have been broken over and over. 2 times was enough. I kept valuables in my trunk with the seatback latches hidden and the trunk release disabled. Many times I had to put back in all the worthless stuff I had in the glovebox and console after the 2 legged rat/junkie/crackhead ripped through it looking for anything they could turn in to quick cash.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
What color is your key?

Black = Nope (My '04 KJ would have been gone... far and far away)
Gray = Sentry Key (Which is what would have kept it in the driveway if they got that far...)

Are you sure?? Mine is black and I have the security system/chip. Maby the colors are different for different years???

He could have a security system installed if he does not have one.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Are you sure?? Mine is black and I have the security system/chip. Maby the colors are different for different years???

He could have a security system installed if he does not have one.

Dave

100% sure since he has an '02 - '04.

'05+ has Sentry Key standard.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Pfew...:D that's good to know. It seems like the first KJ's that came to Europe ( mine arrived 09-2001 in Spain ) had all the goodies already installed. Or maybe it was in the Jamboree packet, I don't remember, just liked the alloy rims and fog lights.

Dont want to go to much of topic here, did you fit the brushguard allready? Got any pics?;)

They were closed on the weekend.
Had to work yesterday
I just got back home from picking it up 5 minutes ago.
It's 90ºF+ outside
I'll see about installing it when it cools down!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the same piece of glass they broke when mine was stolen, although mine was completely broken out.

Look at it this way, they didn't get near as far with yours as they did mine...200 miles of joy riding and a $3500 insurance claim later I got mine back. :( 8 months later and I'm still dealing with court appearances.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
That's the same piece of glass they broke when mine was stolen, although mine was completely broken out.

Look at it this way, they didn't get near as far with yours as they did mine...200 miles of joy riding and a $3500 insurance claim later I got mine back. :( 8 months later and I'm still dealing with court appearances.

I eventually broke the whole thing out. From what I hear, the hole wasn't originally that big, turns out, my sister actually doubled the size of the hole by slamming the driver's door when she found out what happened. :)

On the grille guard subject: I got the lower mounts in, (uses tow hook locations), but I need to find out where the upper mounts go. I need to remove my turn signal lenses, but noooo, thanks to my father screwing with my tools, I don't know where my bits are. :mad:

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Marlon, do you have the Mopar grill guard like on mine? If so I can scan the instructions and send them to you.

Timmer

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hi Marlon, do you have the Mopar grill guard like on mine? If so I can scan the instructions and send them to you.

Timmer

I have the instructions. But let's see if you have a different version because these are hopeless. They don't even show the thing being mounted properly. The mounts that I have are totally different than the mounts in the instructions. Another issue is that I have an '06 instead of an '02 - '04, but I figured all the hard mounting points would be the same. Those typically cost more money than they're worth for just a refresh of a vehicle.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, give me a few minutes...

First is the parts list which should give you an idea if you got one for an 02 +.

You must be registered for see images

Here's the upper mount pict-o-graphs.

You must be registered for see images

These sheets are longer than my scanner so if you want the whole sheets it will take me a while to cut and paste them.

Last edited: