Somebody McLovin'd the grill on my Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last Friday someone really felt the need to bump uglies with the front of my Jeep while the wife and I were shopping. I mean I'm the guy that drops people off at the door and parks 1/4 mile out in the farthest corner in the lot.

Can you purchase the individual fin inserts for the grille insert? The plastic fins behind the grille that snap in.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine out and chucked em in the garbage and put in some eaves through mesh

You must be registered for see images

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a good write-up on how you did the mesh thing?

Anyone have opinions on how a black grille will look with deep molten red paint with gray plastics?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a good write-up on how you did the mesh thing?

Anyone have opinions on how a black grille will look with deep molten red paint with gray plastics?

I think it'll look good. Or you can paint something like a gray or graphite (like the stock wheels on Columbia and Renegade).

It's real easy to get in there. There are 4 torque screws on your grille (the actually flesh body part of the car). Unscrew those and pull the grille right off. I think there are like two clips somewhere near the bottom that you might need to watch out for. Once the grille is off you'll see those cheap black plastic "pieces" are all just one piece (you'll see this from the rear view of the grille). Snapped in by a bunch of clips on top and bottom of the grille. You can just pull the thing right out (be careful not to break any of the plastic clips. I broke one accidentally -____- no big deal. Still fits in fine). Easy as that to take it out. Putting it back in is easier. I painted stock ****** plastic piece graphite. Don't have any pictures at the moment though D:

Geep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does gutter guard rust? What type of metal is it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online