So what did I do wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slight banging from rear was the Rancho shocks floppin around in the wider saddle of the OE shocks.

Lowe's, 12mm flat washers, 5 per bag. 2.4mm thick. Hillman brand, part number 880770. Needed 2 per side. Made it easy by hot gluing them together them hot gluing them in place. Reinstall bolt. No more problem noise.

Boiler

Reaction score
"Some" posted when they had a similar new lift and thought they could offer some comparison, not because they thought they knew everything.

As far as asking about adjusting his alignment himself, I thought it was pretty clear that I was asking the more experienced folk if he could / should do it.

Can't he make some rough adjustments to the alignment himself? I don't know what he needs to do so I can't say.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
"Some" posted when they had a similar new lift and thought they could offer some comparison, not because they thought they knew everything.

As far as asking about adjusting his alignment himself, I thought it was pretty clear that I was asking the more experienced folk if he could / should do it.

Good point!
After I installed the Frankenlift on our Jeep, I used a couple of lengths of string, some push pins, tape measure, and a magnetic angle finder.
My dad taught me this back when I was still in grade school!
Anyway, I manage to get close to what the specs should be, the drive slowly
to the alignment shop where the mechanic can align it properly.
There is some good info on allpar repairs for DIY alignment.
http://www.allpar.com/fix/alignment.html

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
BUT from what I read on here most times, I don't think everyone could or would understand whats involved in aligning one and what they could screw up if they went the wrong way in adjustments. Far better to get it to a shop and have them do it right the first time.
Lots of great info , but from sitting back reading it gets confusing to some when everyone starts throwing things in. If its good information, thats fine, but if its , " I have a lift like it" thats no help to the poor guy trying to fiqure out what to do!

Just my two cents peepwall.gif

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from, Tom. I didn't have but 3-4 miles to go but it was Saturday and traffic was light. Any faster than 15 mph the Liberty felt real squirrelly. The toe was so far in that when I backed off the skinny pedal it would stop on it's own! I think a quick toe adjustment could have allowed me to go a little faster to keep up with traffic. You know what they say about hind sight.

Latest posts

Members online