So what color wheels on this ...ug Green KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't stand these gosh awful stock ones so need to paint them until the next phase(s) kick in on this build
Will more than likely be using the Moabs so thought I'd paint these steelies the same color that the Moabs will end up being.
So black, silver, dark gray, .......white.:shrug:
Anyone do a paint by numbers and give me some ideas????:icon_lol::emotions34:
You must be registered for see images attach

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say dark gray to match the fender flares. Not crazy about the black rim faze that's going on right now cuz it looks like everyone is driving around on four spares.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for a dark gray/graphite color.

My wife says gray is the new neutral :shrug: :happy175:

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
X2 on graphite gray. Hides dirt & brake dust well.
I wonder what color Jayme would like to see on the rims? :icon_lol:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say dark gray to match the fender flares. Not crazy about the black rim faze that's going on right now cuz it looks like everyone is driving around on four spares.

No black for sure and flares will be swapped out for some Renegades I found in my garage. Not sure what color they will be though so............:icon_lol:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did graphite grey metallic on the alloys. Would be better if I found a matching plastic-friendly color for the flares because they seem to be fading a shade lighter each summer.

Attachments

• 20150710_052906_resized.jpg
    20150710_052906_resized.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 21

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Candy stripes would be cool grey sounds good too. What about like a dark forest green. That could look good. i think any color pretty dark would look good a dark red or really dark blue would definitely draw attention.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

To me if it were a black or Khaki KJ I would say Black Wheels but that's the only time I like them. Black Wheels to me are just Rice since ''everybody'' has to have them on their cars and trucks. Like my friend who has a Black Focus ST, knows I really hate black wheels but like his since its his theme of Darth Vader.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
To me if it were a black or Khaki KJ I would say Black Wheels but that's the only time I like them. Black Wheels to me are just Rice since ''everybody'' has to have them on their cars and trucks. Like my friend who has a Black Focus ST, knows I really hate black wheels but like his since its his theme of Darth Vader.

My 04s MOAB wheels ( on the right) are now painted like this
which I may use on the green one later
but still would like something different and so still not sure
You must be registered for see images attach

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really love the original YJ 15 inch wheels, also used on some the Cherokee Sports. Those would be what I would like to fit on my KJ personally but since they're 15 no dice. I've thought about doing Pacers as well, but since I have a Jurassic Park motif going what I have for the Aluminum 16's is as close as I can remotely get to the XJ Wheels. Until I find a manufacturer who would do them in 16.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think the graphite would look that great. Go with a lighter color (silver or maybe a shade darker) to let the wheels pop. But just get rid of those steelies they're god awful ugly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think the graphite would look that great. Go with a lighter color (silver or maybe a shade darker) to let the wheels pop. But just get rid of those steelies they're god awful ugly.

Sort of leaning that way, sat out in the drive way from 3 AM to about 5 looking at it and thinking what route this one may go. I think more silverish/lighter colored wheels will work pretty good with what I have in mind.
Trying to determine whats coming off the Kili Edition for now since its going to be a long term rebuild