So how about planning an East meets West trip...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it was Appleton. I've never been there...so thanks for the input!

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll second that. Gilbert would be better than Appleton, but it's up close to lake superior to give you a geographic reference.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was Appleton. I've never been there...so thanks for the input!

Worth a day or two trip though! I would not discourage anyone from going there but for a large group and guys driving a couple of days to get there, meh. :shrug:

~EDIT~ I would maybe recommend Gilbert as a back-up in case the date lands during Sturgis. Let me know the dates when they come and even though I will be having my wedding I can let the mn-jeep guys know and get a good trail guide there.

Last edited:

herkj

Reaction score
Been a 'local' for most of my life to the Gilbert OHV park. Currently im about 10 miles away.

Its a nice area. Interesting because the whole place is actually an old steel mine dump. Most of the rocks are blast rocks. Its very cool. That being said, I wheel their MAYBE twice a year... (Look up Mesabi Mountain ORV Trail on mn-jeep.com to see what my club has been doing for the last 2-3 years)

For a meet and greet it would be a nice area due to be able to travel from the park to a campground by a direct route. The campground is on a 'lake' called "Ore-Be-Gone" because its an old mine pit that is over 400 feet deep. Its actually the mine that the material thats currently the IROHVRA (Iron Range Off Highway Vehicle Rec Area).

I have done lots of work in the interior of the park from trail maintence to new trail construction. I would think that you could wheel for a solid day in the park with a stockish Jeep. Lots of ******** stuff too..

Latest posts

Members online