So close!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally!

I had some time yesterday and got boiler's plates installed. Its amazing how much difference this little mod makes.

so this is the course I took

1. removed caliper - secured it with bungee
2. disconnected stabilizer link
3. removed lower clevis nut and bolt
4. removed nut from upper ball joint
5. gave a few good wacks to the sides of where ball joint goes in ???
6. after ball joint pops out I remove nuts from top of strut tower
7. then finagle the strut and clevis around until it drops down
8. slip in the top plate and use little jack to jack up the whole assembly from bottom of lower a-arm. first put clevis back on mounts and then jack it on up

all the while I had the front jacked up with jack stands on the body rails ???

even though a little mod, it is pretty involved for a noobe. PB b'laster was a key player in this. one weird thing I noticed is that the left side had more rust. why? I don't know. I thought the opposite would apply.

I took a picture of last night when I finished. I'll post it tonight if I remember. Just had one little mishap. I neglected to secure the bolts on the battery terminals and I lost the one for the positive cable. I had to rig it with a bolt and nut I had on hand. :cool:

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm now pretty level although I'm not sure how level. I haven't measured anything.
??? = not really sure of terminology.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC but Left side of vehicles is always more rusty. More salt etc on the roads in the center also more trash that will kick up and make surfaces rust more

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC but Left side of vehicles is always more rusty. More salt etc on the roads in the center also more trash that will kick up and make surfaces rust more

still doesn't make sense. puddles happen to be on the right (in the gutter) more often. Pot holes too. most roads are crested and being so the middle is the highest point making everything role off to the sides. I'm not arguing, just adding more wonder :rolleyes: Maybe its because the right side gets rinsed more by puddles and stuff and makes the rust catalysts less concentrated. Anyway.... :rolleyes:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW!

Boiler's top plates RULE!! They are perfectly fabricated. In case anyone wondered. Very much worth the money he asks for them. :D:D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course the da** things fit right , his pattern came by way of me, in a round about way!
But I get no money from the sales! ***** doesn't it!:p

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics

This one is right off the jacks:
You must be registered for see images

This one is a day after. Still looks the same. settled just a tad:
You must be registered for see images

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
X2...really a nice combo. Never have seen one in person like that either...

Looks good leveled, thinking about doing the same to mine...

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2...really a nice combo. Never have seen one in person like that either...

Looks good leveled, thinking about doing the same to mine...

Funny thing is there is one exactly like mine about a mile away. I thought I was pretty unique until I saw it. I drive by it every other day. It doesn't look quite as good tho.:cool: