Sirius & Antenna Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP

Reaction score
I have an aftermarket Sirius radio that broadcasts via FM to the stock radio. I'm getting a high-pitched "whine" and a little static. The unit has a place for an antenna to increase the broadcast signal, which I have added. Basically it amounts to a wire that lays on the dash.

It occurs to me that I ought to be able to sire this directly to the antenna itself, at the back of the stock radio.

Does this make sense, and does anyone have any ideas?

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd want to get a satellite radio that was designed for this. Some satellite radios can do a pass-thru to the antenna - like they have an antenna in/out deal. Also, if you have a factory stereo, in many cases you can get a sirius tuner that will interface with your factory radio w/o adding anything. This will get you the best sound quality.

For the whine if it seems like alternator noise, you can try a ground loop isolater. It made a big difference for my XM satellite radio.

-Blu

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FM Transmitter

You should put you transmitter as close to the antenna as possible. Some FM transmitters have the capability to broadcast on multiple frequencies. You will get some intefernce if you're using an occupied frequency, try switching to another.

Members online

No members online now.