Should we get a Liberty for our daughter ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really you like the Scouts better than a EB? ( not Eddie Bauer since they were never referred that way ha ha ) I had one Scout for 3 months, hated that thing. Cousin had 5 or 6 that I worked on for him but never liked them that much. I had 3 of the EB's loved everyone of them.

Wow which one will rust faster. I know people who've had both and are super meticulous and they still rotted away. regardless, I have a neighbor who has a vintage full size Bronco (guessing early 90s) in the drive that I'd love to see a for sale sign on. I'd rather an older one like Tom mentioned but this one looks pretty clean and hardly ever moves. Of course I've always been a Ford fan.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really you like the Scouts better than a EB? ( not Eddie Bauer since they were never referred that way ha ha ) I had one Scout for 3 months, hated that thing. Cousin had 5 or 6 that I worked on for him but never liked them that much. I had 3 of the EB's loved everyone of them.

Who would say EB Bronco when they mean Early Bronco? Its like saying Early Bronco Bronco.

I have run IH equipment since I was about 6 years old (driving the tractor while my brothers picked up hay) and driven IH trucks since I was about 12 years old. The Scout is easier to work on - the biggest issue is finding parts - but with time I've learned to find my sources. I need some place to mount my IH Garand.

My goal is along the lines of this:
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lot_id=SC0513-156564

I have both the full and half cab.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow which one will rust faster.

That would be the question. I got lucky and picked up a unit from Wyoming that was a with the Forestry Service then went straight to a ranch where it sat a lot. The tub is in almost perfect shape, just a rust hole below one door. Probably hadn't been started since the mid to late 1980s. So many of them are just wiped out by rust - but the mechanical parts are still in usable condition. If you start out with a good body the rest is fairly easy. Biggest issue was getting the gas gauges and the fuel tanks working as they should. The wiring isn't much more complicated than replacing the harness on my Cub Cadet.

I looked at one a while back the guy was advertising as being "restored" (think why bother with mine if I can buy one thats done), the entire floor in the back was gone (as in the rust took it all) and he had bolted plywood over it. I passed on that without further inspection.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at one a while back the guy was advertising as being "restored" (think why bother with mine if I can buy one thats done), the entire floor in the back was gone (as in the rust took it all) and he had bolted plywood over it. I passed on that without further inspection.

Guess it depends on your definition of restored :happy175:

When the driver pan goes that qualifies as an enhanced emergency braking system.

I had a teacher in high school back in NE PA that had a late 60's International pickup. That thing was very rugged and he swore by them as much as at them. This was one of the ones that just rusted away. Think he had many over the years. It did have a nice look to it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Who would say EB Bronco when they mean Early Bronco? Its like saying Early Bronco Bronco.

I have run IH equipment since I was about 6 years old (driving the tractor while my brothers picked up hay) and driven IH trucks since I was about 12 years old. The Scout is easier to work on - the biggest issue is finding parts - but with time I've learned to find my sources. I need some place to mount my IH Garand.

My goal is along the lines of this:
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lot_id=SC0513-156564

I have both the full and half cab.

No one does say EB Early Bronco:happy175:Thast funny crap there but then no one cares about a Eddie Bauer Edition so there in lies the confusion to begin with me
As far as IH goes thats all we used on the farm as well, everything from the Famall Cub that was used to mow hay up to the IH Dozer I used to build one of the farm ponds at Grandpas when I was 8, ( fished in it last year 52 years after I built it) the old 54 International 2 ton truck that we hauled hay in on etc, Hardly knew there was any other kind of vehicle/ farm equipment. All good memories for sure
Another cousin ran Scouts on his mail route for many years ( well as long as they were available) still had 7 of them in various piles behind the barn when he died a couple of years ago. All right hand drive for the mail routes

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
A plywood floor? At least it wasn't masonite... :ROFLJest:

Members online

No members online now.