Shoddy service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hansenguy62

Reaction score
HI GUYS,
today i took my jeep liberty renegade 2005 for a full service as ive just purchased it, it has 77,000 miles on and looks and runs awesome.
when i got it back from my jeep garage i noticed the wheels had not been rotates as listed on the service sheet i had chosen. i pointed this out to the young mechanic who said he didnt think they needed rotating. i also told him i had marked the wheel nuts with marker pen before i took it n to be serviced and the marks were still on the nuts and challenged him that the wheels hadnt infact been removed at all to inspect the brakes etc. he said he inspected them with the wheels on which i found disturbing as id gone for the 400 + buck prime service. i then told him id marked 5 more things on the jeep and hoped he had done them too. he quickly opened the glove compartment and pulled out thick dust from the a/c filter behind the dash and said oh i have to take it back inside for a few minutes. 15 mins later he pulled out the jeep again, all done he said, my main concern is the wheels, can it comprehensively be checked and serviced without taking off the wheels? i feel ripped off already. please advise if im over reacting? thanks so much in advance.

steve.

Cdt05

Reaction score
I know when I took my 05 in for a brake check they removed the wheels. I wouldn't think it is possible to do a thorough inspection without doing so. Sounds shady to me especially since you paid 400$. The oil change place that checked mine didn't even charge me and they pulled all 4 wheels.

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to wonder what else they skipped over. for $400.00 I would expect a lot better service.

like I told my local dodge dealer one time when I took my Dakota in for service and they wouldn't give me a loaner. (I bought the truck from them) I don't care if it's a fifty thousand $ vehicle or a ten thousand $ vehicle ,I expect the same service.

got my key's back and never went back.

customer service seems to be going down the tubes.
no one takes pride in they're work anymore.

now I'm not saying all shops are like that.
there are still some good ones out there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do it yourself and then you don't have to worry about dealing with them
In 166,000 miles mines only been into a small local shop for alignments

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go back to that shop, especially after catching that guy in a lie. It's not like putting the Jeep on a lift and removing the wheels is hard. I feel like I have at least two wheels off my Jeep every other week lately and it's no big deal.