Servicing - a query

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecivvie

Reaction score
My KJ is almost out of warranty and up till now, my dealer has always done the services. However, time is coming to save a few euros and I will be getting a friend to do the standard services..

My query is does he need an OBD tool to reset any oil change warnings etc, or can he just go straight ahead and do it

2003KJ

Reaction score
Oil change warnings and other "service reminders" that the vehicles computer remind you about should be able to be reset by anybody, including you.

I know on my buddy's Chevy truck, to reset the oil life monitor he's gotta turn the ignition on and mash the gas pedal to the floor 3 times. Look in your owners manual, it should be in there.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
thecivvie said:
My KJ is almost out of warranty and up till now, my dealer has always done the services. However, time is coming to save a few euros and I will be getting a friend to do the standard services..

My query is does he need an OBD tool to reset any oil change warnings etc, or can he just go straight ahead and do it
I'm assuming you're talking about the oil change warning in the overhead console/EVIC. If so... this is simple. Just push the Reset button.

My dealer never did it anyway, so I always had to.

thecivvie

Reaction score
OK thanks for that. I noticed on my last service there was something about an oil txt reset. I assumed it was n OBD thing :-k

2003KJ

Reaction score
thecivvie said:
OK thanks for that. I noticed on my last service there was something about an oil txt reset. I assumed it was n OBD thing :-k

Nope. The only thing OBD has to do with anything is the check engine light. All the little reminders and stuff that are on the EVIC are on a completely different system.