Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntert98

Reaction score
Hey all,

If any of you have old KK front suspension parts lying around that you want gone, let me know.
I'm interested in 3d scanning the main front suspension components to CAD up a model of the Liberty

This will be my reference for designing a long travel kit to match up with a Fox Coilover lift

Parts I already have on hand:
Both left and right CVs
Differential casing

Parts I need: (either side)
Upper control arm
Lower control arm
Shock clevis
Steering knuckle
Wheel bearing
Wheel?

I'm not really interested in shocks/springs as I already have my fox coilovers drawn in so far

Any parts that come from this forum for free, I will release the files for free

If theres any other engineers looking to help design, let me know and I'll set up a github for the parts:)

Here's a little teaser of what I already have without 3d scanning. Some proportions are off
You must be registered for see images attach

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck on your project, I have nothing to offer other than good vibes and well wishes in your endeavor to enhance the Jeep we've come to love.

Reactions: JRB

huntert98

Reaction score
Got tired waiting so I went scrappin

We can thank these two beauties for their sacrifice

The green one didn't want to give up the LCA on the passenger side, ended up taking drivers side from the green, passenger from the white. Both are 2008s

Ended up with a big bucket of parts. Plus a 4WD selector trim because I melted mine with a soldering iron:oops:

Now for the disassembly, cleaning, and scanning

iheartmuhjeep

Reaction score
I just took all my old, rusty, busted suspension from the 2009 to the dump today. Glad to be rid of it. Not sure if this matters for your project or not, but they don't make those cast clevis anymore. They replaced them with a stamped clevis which has a very different profile from the cast one, and which also uses different bolts.

huntert98

Reaction score
Well, after some fenagling, I managed to get my hands on a professional 3D scanner for a short while

This stuff really is like magic, here are a few pics of what I have done so far. It's hard to tell the digital from the real!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
enough room for a CV to go through, doesn't look like it but maybe model is off
Now cost, The ORGINAL LIBERATOR the spindles alone were over 20,000 each, you changing them or stock

huntert98

Reaction score
enough room for a CV to go through, doesn't look like it but maybe model is off
Now cost, The ORGINAL LIBERATOR the spindles alone were over 20,000 each, you changing them or stock
I still need to scan the clevis, right now the model is off

Not sure how far I want to go yet, just playing around for now

Thadeus_Rex

Reaction score
Hey all,

If any of you have old KK front suspension parts lying around that you want gone, let me know.
I'm interested in 3d scanning the main front suspension components to CAD up a model of the Liberty

This will be my reference for designing a long travel kit to match up with a Fox Coilover lift

Parts I already have on hand:
Both left and right CVs
Differential casing

Parts I need: (either side)
Upper control arm
Lower control arm
Shock clevis
Steering knuckle
Wheel bearing
Wheel?

I'm not really interested in shocks/springs as I already have my fox coilovers drawn in so far

Any parts that come from this forum for free, I will release the files for free

If theres any other engineers looking to help design, let me know and I'll set up a github for the parts:)

Here's a little teaser of what I already have without 3d scanning. Some proportions are off
@Hunter98 I'm down to help. I've been trying to think up a similar design but using a horizontal unit bearing for the UCA with a redesigned front hub. Thoughts? Was inspired by this thread: https://www.independentoffroading.com/index.php?threads/diy-1-ton-ifs-long-travel.448/

Latest posts

Members online