Selling my KJ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After an 8 year ride, I have made the decision to sell my KJ. No, not getting a Prius, or minivan. I need a truck to haul several kayaks, side business of pressure washing with bigger equipment now. I will be replacing my ride with a Ram 1500. So please check out my for sale post. It has been well cared for, and I owe much thanks to many of you talented and wise folks on this site for helpful technical advice.

Sellout KJScott

How do you like that Greg? :)

Attachments

• 20140412_095748.jpg
    20140412_095748.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 56

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my KK better for kayaking than when I had my V10. It fits in smaller places we go. But if I replace my KK I'm going back to pick-ups, too.
Good luck, selling. Hope you post up what you do to the pick-up.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a utility trailer for 600.00 bucks at Home Depot. The Jeep pulls mine like a charm. Backing it with the Jeep is awesome. The Jeep has such a short wheel base, even major corrections, do not throw you off as bad as say a truck or a Suburban. I could back this thing down a curvy hill if I needed to.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a utility trailer for 600.00 bucks at Home Depot. I could back this thing down a curvy hill if I needed to.

Home Depot's here do not sell trailers. And I've not seen one other than Harbor Freight for -600.
I can and do back mine up and down curvy hills. I still have a little trouble with backing 90* into a narrow driveway or space. Just have to try more than once.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lowes/ Home Depot etc all used to sell those flimsy trailers. Pickup on one corner and they twist like a pretzel . Tractor Supply still sells some around in Ohio not sure anywhere else .
I built my own 5X8 in 95, good and well built, 3500 lb axles, running 265-70-16s :waytogo:

anyways sorry to see leave and go to a Ram,but could be worse, could be buying a Chevrolet:33:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tractor supply and Family Farm & Home, sell trailers, couple are nicer the rest are cheap. I've made or converted all my trailers. Going to make or have my next one made for me this year. I sold my popup trailer framed utility trailer.
OP sorry for thread jack.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it would be cheaper to just fly down and drive it back up, but I can't afford to take the time off work.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GLWS. I made a similar swap from an Explorer to a F250 and it was the best move I could have ever made. The new Ex's owner got an SUV which would run another 200k and I got more utility with the pickup. The KJ looks sharp lifted with those tires.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowes/ Home Depot etc all used to sell those flimsy trailers. Pickup on one corner and they twist like a pretzel . Tractor Supply still sells some around in Ohio not sure anywhere else .
I built my own 5X8 in 95, good and well built, 3500 lb axles, running 265-70-16s :waytogo:

anyways sorry to see leave and go to a Ram,but could be worse, could be buying a Chevrolet:33:

All he said he was hauling was a couple kayaks. and a pressure washer etc...

I need a truck to haul several kayaks, side business of pressure washing with bigger equipment now.

I've had my Home Depot 4x8x2 trailer for 12 years. I'ts rated at 1 ton. I've moved from Southern CA to Central CA, then a few times in Central CA, and then from Central CA to OR and 2 more times in Oregon with it. If it will fit, I throw it in. Not weak or flimsy at all. I use it for cord wood all the time. Holds exactly 1/2 cord without the sides in, but a full cord with 4" plywood sides added. It's convertible from a box trailer to flatbed 4x11. It is rated at 2090lbs, but I know I've had more than that in it. :dogpile: It was made by Snowbear Corp.
This is what I was thinking about for you:

Snowbear pressure washer rig on E-Bay

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have a trailer with a boat on it in the garage. No place outside to keep a trailer. My government extorsion payments were quite steep last year paying for registration on essentially everything that moves. Boat bike trailer and KJ. Found a nice Ram with low miles lots of options and a great price. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I completely understand. I just thought I would throw out the option, so you wouldn't have to give up your Lib. I hope that Ram treats you well and serves you even better. We still need pics of the new ride. After all it is still a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge product.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy storms on the gulf coast and a water spout but got it home tonight. My buddy driving the Liberty along side me back to the East coast. Man that was rough. But I do dig this truck. The guy installed nice flowmasters with duals.

Attachments

• $_3.jpg
    $_3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: