Saying Hi from Spring, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which strut are you suggesting for the front to get the 2.5 inch lift? I can't seem to nail it down and I'm trying to order after hours...

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the suggested OME coils and Bilsteins all round for the lift. Some cheap 245/75/16 Dick Cepek's to get around on. Won't be too happy with them, I'm sure, but they're training tires until I get the budget for the gear and Limited Slip and M/T's. I was thinking I'll probably want some protection underneath. I like jeepinbyal's selection. Anything else to consider out there?

BTW, I just put the name to the Jeep. Nice black KJ tommudd. That one did catch my eye when shopping through the pics on here and jeepforum. That's a good look with the Moabs. I put some on my last ZJ in a 17"...

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll start a new thread and put up some pics from my drive to NJ to Texas stock. Install is scheduled for Monday but the lift might not get here till Monday afternoon or evening...

Thanks for the help. I like the place. :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you got the answers you were looking for. Advice on this site has cost me some money (doing things I might never had done to the Jeep), but has saved me much more from helping me avoid mistakes. We have a long list of people who did $600 lifts, then ended up spending $1300 more to get rid of the crappy ride they inflicted on themselves. Better to go with the good stuff from the get-go. :winner_third_h4h:

PS: I got mine lifted last September. Due to some family events I had to make an 800-mile trip two weeks ago and am repeating it tomorrow. You will love the ride over potholes around town, (here in the Cleveland area we have them in spades), and the highway ride is beautiful. It makes even the PA Turnpike enjoyable.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great site. Got me straightened out on perf vs. lift. I was a few hundred shy of a good lift and was torn between a cheap lift or some performance mods. Glad tommudd straightened me out on the 'learning' computer in these...

Ended up with what I wanted by not shipping it and flying out the NJ to pick her up myself.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a great site. Got me straightened out on perf vs. lift. I was a few hundred shy of a good lift and was torn between a cheap lift or some performance mods. Glad tommudd straightened me out on the 'learning' computer in these...

Ended up with what I wanted by not shipping it and flying out the NJ to pick her up myself.

So you're going to JBA to pick the parts up?
Tell Marlin ( the owner ) who helped ya out, he'll laugh :gr_grin:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're going to JBA to pick the parts up?
Tell Marlin ( the owner ) who helped ya out, he'll laugh :gr_grin:
I told him you talked me into the jba adjustable strut

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Al was in CA, not PA. I could have saved myself shipping and gotten an install...It was those Frankenlift people. Not him. Duh!!!