Saying Hi from Spring, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Brad. I'm pulling the trigger on an '03 Liberty 4x4 Sport with 38K on it tomorrow morning. I'm happy to be here. I've been trying to build an offroader for a couple of years. Parted together a few ZJs last year but couldn't hold onto them for money concerns...Had fun!

Looking to do some performance mods to the KJ first and I'm still researching (saving) up for the right lift and tires.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Hi.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Brad.

There's a lot of good info and people here to help with what works best for a KJ.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Brad. I'm pulling the trigger on an '03 Liberty 4x4 Sport with 38K on it tomorrow morning. I'm happy to be here. I've been trying to build an offroader for a couple of years. Parted together a few ZJs last year but couldn't hold onto them for money concerns...Had fun!

Looking to do some performance mods to the KJ first and I'm still researching (saving) up for the right lift and tires.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Hi.

Welcome
May I suggest doing a lot of reading and asking questions before you buy anything.
Performance is not really a word to use with a Jeep, things like cold air intakes etc are junk, so not many " performance " upgrades.
As far as suspensions, only a couple ways to go, i.e. no spacer lifts, no Skyjacker etc

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an intake, exhaust and the jet chip. Maybe a little perf but a better sound out the rear. MPG over HP for now.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an intake, exhaust and the jet chip. Maybe a little perf but a better sound out the rear. MPG over HP for now.

Sorry but cold air intake does nothing at all.
Stock box and good paper filter flows more than enough air and its actually a cold air intake .
KJs learn around the chips, within a few days it will be back to stock pretty much.
Exhaust, if you want some noise then you can just install muffler piping is already 2.5 inch all the way except where it necks down right in front of the muffler.
So there saved you some money already to buy a good lift!

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tommudd. I'll put it in the bank. I'm almost sold on the Frankenlift II. Just need $ for tires now.

The Jeep '03 fell through, but I found a '04 Rocky Mountain Edition with 53K to work on. Just waiting on the salesman to get back to me with bank info. Excited!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks tommudd. I'll put it in the bank. I'm almost sold on the Frankenlift II. Just need $ for tires now.

The Jeep '03 fell through, but I found a '04 Rocky Mountain Edition with 53K to work on. Just waiting on the salesman to get back to me with bank info. Excited!!!

With the Frankenlift also order the jeepinbyal upper control arms. The frankenlift gives about 4 inches of lift when installed and settles in to about 3.5-3.75 , but takes a good while to fully settle.
Its a good lift and the owners are friends but any reason to settle on it? Just curious ????

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Settle? What's the other options? I've spent some time, a few days, looking around...

Anyone like the Rocky Road?

1300 + install is about my limit...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Settle? What's the other options? I've spent some time, a few days, looking around...

Anyone like the Rocky Road?

1300 + install is about my limit...

Rocky Road :happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

check out JeepinByAl
OME 927 front springs/ 948 rear springs
bilstein shocks
teraflex bumpstops in front
2 hockey pucks in the rear bolted down to the lower spring perch
2.5 inches of lift over new stock height
Want three inches, no problem few bucks more and you have 3

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol...

I'll give them a call. Their kits are a little out of reach but I'm going to take your word for it and see what they have to say about your suggestions. I've learned over the years to listen to those that step forward. Thanks for your help. It's a big decision. A couple grand goes far...

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I use the 4" red rear bump stop or are hockey pucks the way to go? You're saving me a ton bro...

What are the extra parts for the extra 1/2 inch?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
lol...

I'll give them a call. Their kits are a little out of reach but I'm going to take your word for it and see what they have to say about your suggestions. I've learned over the years to listen to those that step forward. Thanks for your help. It's a big decision. A couple grand goes far...

OME set up about 800 or so plus extras

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I use the 4" red rear bump stop or are hockey pucks the way to go? You're saving me a ton bro...

What are the extra parts for the extra 1/2 inch?

You can use them, more expensive and you have to cut half of it off .
For 3 inch get the top plates they are 1/4 inch thick but give 1/2 lift for the front
Rear get two extra upper isolaters, one per side and those give the rear 1/2 inch lift. It will be 3 inches all around higher than stock height so 22 inches middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bro. Been picking your brain all day. I owe you a steak and a beer if I ever make it up to your neck of the woods.

angelis_digital

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again. I just did the math and came in 9 dollars under budget. Really rubbing those pennies together and I can make this happen next month. Thanks bro. I'm a happy camper now.

Latest posts

Members online