Saw A Totaled Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife and i were headed out for a big date last night. It was raining really hard during rush hour, and a Lexas SUV lost control, hit the center divider and it took off their front left wheel/tire. Four vehicles back was a black Renegade. He locked up his wheels I figure, and went side ways, and his front end went head on into the same center divider. Weird kind of accident, because you would think he'd have hit the car in front of him. The Renny was toast... sad to see. The owner was standing next to it... he looked okay. Thankfully I have yet to total a vehicle. [-o<

No photos, as I just drove by right after it happened.

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totaling any vehicle ***** big time, I have only done it once. I was in a Z28 Camaro when some nitwit came across the center line and hit me face to face at 55mph with a Dodge Ram pickup. I spent a few months in bed but luckily I was driving a large heavy car with a big V8 engine for extra smash potential and am here today to post this.

I really feel safe in my Liberty and don't worry about the other idiots too much. I have a friend on this board (Rubicondave33) whose wife totaled her Liberty earlier this year and she faired very well. I hope to never have to test the five star crash ratings personally though.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sounded like some wreck. That would scare me! Yes you are fortunate! =D>

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is unfortunate, I've done it twice long long time ago. Is the Renegade available for parts? (dunno)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reload40s said:
Totaling any vehicle ***** big time, I have only done it once. I was in a Z28 Camaro when some nitwit came across the center line and hit me face to face at 55mph with a Dodge Ram pickup. I spent a few months in bed but luckily I was driving a large heavy car with a big V8 engine for extra smash potential and am here today to post this.

I really feel safe in my Liberty and don't worry about the other idiots too much. I have a friend on this board (Rubicondave33) whose wife totaled her Liberty earlier this year and she faired very well. I hope to never have to test the five star crash ratings personally though.

Did the truck go over you? Ive always wondered what would happen if I hit one of those car head on? I know I would go over it. :-s

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
reload40s said:

Did the truck go over you? Ive always wondered what would happen if I hit one of those car head on? I know I would go over it. :-s

No, it just shortened my front end by a foot or two.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you look to the right you can see the truck that tried to become one with me.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can still see the headlights coming right at me.......